• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDMI output - Sound or Video Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brunel07

Hi.

I currently have a fatality sound card and a 8800GTX. I need to have HDMI sound output for my new setup. Im wondering if I should change my sound card to output HDMI, or upgrade my graphics card to one that supports HDMI output.

Ideally, the graphics card would be a better solution, but im concerned the sound output from the card wouldnt be as good. Can I have your thoughts please?

This is for a 5.1 setup going into a denon amplifier.

hmmm I do not know that much about sound over HDMI, so your saying you need your sound to go over HDMI ?

Why can you not go from the surrond analog out of your fatality card to the analog in of your denon amp ?

what model of denon amp do you have ?

Hi!

The model is denon 1610. I would rather use HDMI becuase im told there is a significant imporvement going from analog to digital.

Ok.

Rather than spending money upgrading your graphics card, you should be able to connect it via analog to try it out.

According to this picture, you should have enough inupts.

Depending on the speakers, you amy not be able to hear the difference.

Back