• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heaphone Comparisons?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bensa

I need some good comparisons and reviews of different headphones, especially on how they perform in gaming. The only ones that I can find are the revies for the Zalman 5.1, and I doubt a pair of $50 heaphones are the best choice.
Also, some decent music playback wouldn't hurt.

I need good ones, since I am in a gamers league (LANs) where speakers are not allowed, and its getting close to the final, and I'm doing well. I need all the help I can to get the big price :D.

If this has been asked before, then just point me to a link and close the thread.

WeaponX6X

If you want audiophile headphones. Check out the Grado SR-80 & SR-125. I use them for gaming(I play atleast 20 hours a week) and they're awesome. Awesome sound quality, good price. If you love bass, they can pump it out too while still having awesome clarity in the highs. The Grados run around $100, but its well worth the $100. I bought mine from headphone.com Also make sure you don't get DJ headphones. They're usually cans that have good bass and mids have no highs whatsoever.

Strida

WeaponX6X said:
If you want audiophile headphones. Check out the Grado SR-80 & SR-125. I use them for gaming(I play atleast 20 hours a week) and they're awesome. Awesome sound quality, good price. If you love bass, they can pump it out too while still having awesome clarity in the highs. The Grados run around $100, but its well worth the $100. I bought mine from headphone.com Also make sure you don't get DJ headphones. They're usually cans that have good bass and mids have no highs whatsoever.

Are you serious? Listen to some techno music and tell me they don't need highs. If they need highs for the music they'll make headphones that work well with highs. If anything they are going to be more focused torwards highs and lows, with mids being the thing their lacking in.

Ad Rock

Strida said:

Are you serious? Listen to some techno music and tell me they don't need highs. If they need highs for the music they'll make headphones that work well with highs. If anything they are going to be more focused torwards highs and lows, with mids being the thing their lacking in.

Yep I agree those Sony MDR-V6's are considered DJ headphones by some and they are often called very bright indicating that they have loud highs. I have also heard the Grado's and they have very little bass compared to my sony v6's. Get the grado's if you are gonna be listening to rock but the V6's will be your best best for gaming I would think.

OP
Bensa

Bensa

I would have gotten the Grado SR-60, but when living in a place like Finland, my price range is narrowed, and variety even more so.

Heres a basic list of prices for headphones that are readily available. The rest of the selection, I have to go the stores and write down prices to compare.

http://www.mbnet.fi/hintaseuranta/alueet.asp?SubA=99&All=1
(ITEM / QUANTITY / LOWEST PRICE / HIGHEST PRICE)