• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heat getting to me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spec_Ops2087

Well with my P/S out of the way and not blocking in hot air...I get no errors on my O/C tbird [email protected] but when it is there I get some errors in prime95...could the heat be causing this?...may have to upgrade its heatsink from the stock to a high quality one that is still pretty cheap like the all copper vantec with a delta ;)

Spec

OP
Spec_Ops2087

Spec_Ops2087

here is a pic of the HS and the fan...would you recommend it....also would it bring my temps from 44C dramaticly down?!

res0r9lm

Spec_Ops2087 said:
here is a pic of the HS and the fan...would you recommend it....also would it bring my temps from 44C dramaticly down?!
if you notice the temps I am getting in my sig it's by using a duct and 120mm fan. you should be able to drop your temps down 10-15c by getting a decent hsf and making a duct for it.

Radman

Registered
By stock, I assume the coolermaster that comes with the retail version of the cpu. If so, dump it, it's a pile. I replaced mine with a global-win cak 38 and dropped my temps 10c. Although my Bio-Pile board sensor is either as inaccurate as a Bill Clinton "truth" or I've got the most durable athlon known to man, I'm therefore unable to post temps that one could believe, I am able to run the cpu hard and mildly clocked with absolutely no stability problems whatsoever. Money well spent. An ounce of prevention, etc. My HS/Fan is copper, and copper seems the best way to go as far as coolers go. Case cooling is also big, for that heat has to be vented for the sink to do any good. Hope this helps!!

The Radman

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
Alright, here is Hoots best bang-for-buck recommendation. Get a Dynatron DC1206BH-625 from SVC. You can order it with whatever fan you want. Performance is obviously better with a better fan. Base price with a mid-to-low performance fan is $14.95. If you put a Delta 38cfm (add $5.00) on it, it will really perform for you. another big plus is the clip uses all three lugs on each side of the socket. This reduces the risk of breaking one off.

http://www.svcompucycle.com/dyndy1builyo.html

Hoot