• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatcore leak

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
i believe i have the chevette heatcore i bought form a fellow OC'er and when i ran the water leak test, it already had the metal shoud on it, however there was a little tear in the shoud and it seems water is leaking out from it, is it a pipe leak or just need to patch the shoud with foil tape..??

Westside05

you might want to replug it and if it leaks again, use some teflon or JB weld....

I hate leaking..=\

OP
unreal

unreal

Registered
but does the heatcore actual let water drip or is the shoud juust for airflow?

anvil82

No water should be dripping anywhere.

I don't understand how the shroud is leaking water because no water goes through the shroud, the shroud is only to eliminate the deadspot from the center of the fan.

Any pics?

OP
unreal

unreal

Registered
ok, so its probably the heatcore leaking,, and a hole in the shoud where it is coming out of..

repilce

i would definately say so, and if it's in the fins.. well you might as well buy another honestly because even with jbweld, if it's in the core of it.. you probably wont be able to seal it.

OP
unreal

unreal

Registered
crap. i hate getting sold stuff that is someone elses system and is broken,,, ugh,, theres another 20 plus welding the new barbs and making shrouds,,,,,ugh
ill post pics to make sure

OP
unreal

unreal

Registered
ill trty but i dont think he is going to want to ,,,

here is a pic
radiator.jpg

Last edited: