• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heatercore prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

well the heatcore i am gonna use has copper fittings on them. i thought they were 1/2 but 1/2 is just a little to small to fit over (heating them up works but not great) would that mean that the fittings would be 5/8?

JFettig

Hey! I showered! Senior
yeah, if you can fit them over it, go for it man, dont need clamps and it doenst restrict flow on ya

Daemonfly

They're probably the standard HC fittings - i.e. the pipe with the flared out end?

I'd just solder some 1/2" barb fittings on it.

X2sandman

what you can try is taking a cup of water and boiling it in the microwave for 2 minutes and then stick you tubing in there for like 1 minute. This worked for my friend.

The Overclocker

if you can use a blow lamp, run and get two 1/2 barbs that can be fitted inside the connections, then just solder it, if you cant solder it get some plummers goop or epoxy and just stick the barbs in

juliendogg

X2sandman said:
what you can try is taking a cup of water and boiling it in the microwave for 2 minutes and then stick you tubing in there for like 1 minute. This worked for my friend.

this is what i did as well. 5/8 inlet and outlet on my heatercore, using 1/2 inch tubing. i tossed some clamps on just because i'm paranoid...