• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink+fan Celeron II cC0 600@900Mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n64spelaren

Which heatsink+fan should I buy to run a 600@900Mhz?
Anyone that already have the stuff running at home who can give me some information?

(plz don't tell me to buy the Alpha)
Often I get recommended to buy a Golden Orb

A lot of people use the golden orb to get up to 900 and beyond but to be surre I would say that the global win fop32-1 is your best bet, I can get upto 1008mhz with 1.95v and when I lap it and burn it in for a while I should be able to bring that down.

but the FOP32-1 is to noisy, is there a change to run celly 600@900 with gloden orb?
or any other alternative?

Phil (Feb 05, 2001 03:27 p.m.):
A lot of people use the golden orb to get up to 900 and beyond but to be surre I would say that the global win fop32-1 is your best bet, I can get upto 1008mhz with 1.95v and when I lap it and burn it in for a while I should be able to bring that down.

n64spelaren (Feb 05, 2001 06:01 a.m.):
Anyone that already have the stuff running at home who can give me some information?

I'm running a C II 600 @ 945, with a Gorb. Temps are quite reasonable, 26/27ish idle, and 35/37ish under load. This is with one case fan blowing in on the front, and two blowing out the back.

The Alpha is HIGHLY recommended for higher than this, I don't know.....my chip won't go higher.........=( I know it's not heat, the chip's just maxed out and won't run 990.

I've got a P III coming in the mail........this will get an Alpha regardless of how fast it runs. (600E slot 1)

Mr B

Great!!

I've the same problem, what Cpu cooler for a C2 600 cb0?
I'm oriented around Alpha PEP66T, PAL6035 with fun 38 or Swiftech MC370-0A, what you think about? I wanna oc @900 with safe.

The temperature's reported by MBM are 37 degree C at idle for Cpu, and 30 for mobo (MSI 6337 Pro I815E), but Pc Alert III (MSI utility under Windows), and Bios at startup, report the same value for voltages and mobo, and 4-6 degree of difference for the Cpu (42 degree)???
Do you understand something?

This is my configuration:

Case YeongYang YY-1240 with 3 fan
(80mm & 90mm blow in and 80mm blow out)
Macron Power 300W MPT-301
Mobo MSI 6337Pro I815E
Intel C2 600Mhz cb0
128MB Memory Dimm @133MHz (2x64)
HD0 IBM DTLA 307030 30GB UDMA-100 @7200RPM
HD1 SEAGATE 34342A 4.3GB UDMA-33 @5400RPM
CD-ROM Philips 32x UDMA-33
Mirò PcTv PCI (TV, Teletext & Video capture)
ASUS AGP-V3800 TNT2@140Mhz 32MB@164Mhz Pure AGP2X
SoundBlaster PCI 128
Trust PCI Ethernet Card 10/100Mb
Mouse Logitech TrackMan Marble
Microsoft Natural Keyboard
Monitor Relisys RE551 1024x768@67Hz

Many thank's

37c at idle?? YIKES! thats a bit warm, if you ask me.

First thing I'd do would be to reverse one of those case fans so it's blowing out. You need to get the hot air out of the case as fast or faster than the cool air coming in. Think of it as a car. Let's take a Camaro, an extremely "overclocked" car...... Yank off the cast iron, 2 BBL intake manifold, and put on an aluminum, high rise, put a 6-71 blower on top of that w/ dual carbs on top of that. You have significantly increased the flow of air into the engine. More power, right? Not if you leave the pedestrian Generous Motors exaust on there. You wind up w/ lots of backpressure, because the air can't get out of the engine as fast as it gets in. Same church, different pew........Thats why they sell so many of those "turbo" mufflers. Less backpressure.

The best way to set up the case fans are to have as many or more blowing out than in. I have one fan on the front of the case blowing in, and two on the back, blowing out. My case temps run about 3-5c over room temp, and the cpu (Celeron 600 @ 1008) runs 27-28 at idle, 37-38c under load, at 2.05v.

Try turning one of those fans around for a bit, and check your temps. I have a feeling they'll drop a bit.

Mr B

n64spelaren (Feb 05, 2001 06:01 a.m.):

If you don't want to get an Alpha because of the putative noise, think again. An Alpha is dead quiet, completely inaudible to the human ear. After all it's nothing but a hunk of metal! An Alpha is a heatsink. The noise comes from the fan. You can get a noisy fan or a quiet fan. Noise and cooling effiency are proportional :)

The Sunon 23cfm is quiet and works perfectly on an Alpha PEP for my Celeron.

For the Duron -- which requires more cooling -- I use the noisy Delta fan, but have it wired to a 7v/12v toggle. Running it 7v gives good cooling (2C better than the Sunon 23cfm) and acceptable noise level (slightly louder than the Sunon). I use the 12v setting mainly to impress people or wake up the cat.

What does noise matter?

Sureley if you want all that extra speed there has to be a price to pay. No pain, no gain - that is the talk of warrior.

I have said to others today that whilst online chatting with my partners Jeff & Proze this morning I went past the Ghz mark with a cB0 Celeron 600e SL46U with a Golden Orb at 2.00v just to see the cooling effort it applied. It was terrible. It couldn't take the warmth off a gnats ***.

My Taisol fandaptered unit has taken up pride of place and residence on my CPU - it's loud and dirty and I love it!

The fan are so installed:
80mm blow in from the front panel of the case
90mm blow in from the lateral cover, pumping on the Mobo
& 80mm blow out from the back side of the case

Well, if i undertstand right, i must install a new fan (120mm) on the upper side of the case blowing out, is it right?

Please, what Cpu cooler you suggest me?

Many thank's

I dont know whats up with this stuff too much BUT, Im running a celeron 600 @ 900 and I get temps around 57 idle but it never changes even under a full cpu load so i think my readings may be wrong read with MB Probe), I have a golden orb on mine and still have these high *** temps, so I guess im going to get a FOP 38 or whatever and just in case add a few more fans, I suggest you do the same because might as well get a fan thats more powerful than what you need then one thats not, LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES MY SON!

I suggest you to monitor temperatures, voltages and Fan Rpm with MotherBoardMonitor 5.04, you found at http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
it's good for a lot of Mobo.

I've installed a new fan (Sunon 120mm) like suggested by MrB with great results, Cpu 33 degree C (it was 37) at idle, and Mobo 25 degree C (it was 30), now i need only a good Cpu Hsf and i'm ready to overclock my system.

Well done. Thanks. Glad I could help.

Look into the Alpha's and GlobalWin. Good stuff. I'm running a Gorb on the C II 600, but I know it could run a bit cooler than it does.

Good luck.

Mr B

wild_andy_c (Feb 10, 2001 10:46 a.m.):
What does noise matter?

Sureley if you want all that extra speed there has to be a price to pay. No pain, no gain - that is the talk of warrior.

Shoot, anyone can aircool a case and make it sound like a air-conditioner with asthma. The challenge is to cool it and still be able to hear the wall clock tick :)

Just put a high-cfm low-noise 80mm fan on the 60-to-80mm adapter on my PAL6035. That fan plus two 80mm case fans all running 7v, Seti up, cpu temp 40C.... tick, tick, tick....

I just put a quieter fan in yesterday. (Samyo Denki)

Where did you find an adaptor? Do the screws still fit the same way as with a 60x60x25 fan?

Thanks

marty (Feb 13, 2001 08:17 p.m.):
I just put a quieter fan in yesterday. (Samyo Denki)

Where did you find an adaptor? Do the screws still fit the same way as with a 60x60x25 fan?

Thanks

Made it. It's a little like this only the bottom is different for the PAL: http://www.overclockers.com/tips238/

The screws still fit the same way, but they are too long, you need ones shorter by about 1".

The adapter isn't performing as well as it should I don't think. I believe the shape is not particularly aerodynamic and is reducing the airflow. Cooling is perhaps a couple degrees worse than the Delta fan (but on the positive side the noise level is way, way less). I'm working on some different designs. If I come up with anything better I'll post.

Back