• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink for 9500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nymph

I am going to buy a 9500np and am wondering what anyone would recommend for replacing the stock heatsink. I have this on my 9500pro http://nexfan.com/cohisocobbe.html but would like somthing that that is made for video cards i.e push pins, but also pushes the same air flow (14cfm) as the socket 7 heatsink/fan.

Any ideas would be appreciated.. Thanks..

nYmph

I am wondering this too as i just ordered a 9500 Pro.. it seems the Vantec Icberg ones and the ThermalTake Crystal Orb are the most popular chipset coolers(not totally sure if they fit)... Looking at these they don't really look like they would be better than stock HSF's and you can get a big socket HSF for even cheaper, then you would have to use adhesive though i think. Anyone know?

I ordered the Iceberg 4 i linked above. Once i get it and my new card i will test my oc before and after and post about it.

If I can find out for sure if the BLORB fits a radeon then I might go with that. Only because it pushes close to 10cfm's. Unless I can find something else that will fit the radeon with push pins that pushes more air.

It looks to me that the vantec Iceberq and Crystal Orb have the least amount of air flow and make the most noise. But I will definatley be interested in your results with it.

nYmph

try and find a 1U copper server heatsink.
May people on here have used the cooljag version and had good results.

model number JAC313C

Ge|atinousFury said:

Here's a link for anyone interested in the cooljag JAC313C

clicky

Appreciated, i've been looking for one :)

My only concern is that the heatsink is MUCH heavier than the stock one (0.484 pounds), and I don't want to risk crushing my core since I have removed my shim. But then again, AMD cores look roughly the same and they need 18 lbs/sq in. according to amd...

WOW

WOW
The VANTEC CCK-6012 is the best Radeon COOLING THING I HAVE SEEN TO DATE!!!!!! Well except for the watercooling and peltier stuff.

The Fan spins mad fast, but i have 360 GPU core with no artifacts that could barely do 340 before.

I guess copper heat sink and AS3 together make a nice couple provided the shim is gone.

Peace,

Kam

Back