• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink Pads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PiMpShiN

Im planning on lapping my slk-900a hs but in order to do that i need to remove the 4 pads that are on there and when i do i cant reuse them. Is there a place where i can get more?

THunDA

I dont even use them..for same reason.. Just gotta be carefull with mounting it ..I never messed mine up without em.

OP
PiMpShiN

PiMpShiN

its just i wouldnt like to take the risk. i heard that it may even crack the core without them during high temps or just after time.

Strida

Unless you're playing hockey with your tower it shouldn't be a problem. The only way you crack the core is if you clamp the HS on crooked or too hard. Just fasten the screws down 'till they stop turning and you'll be good to go.

OP
PiMpShiN

PiMpShiN

well i have a slk-900A hs not a 900U. thats why i need the pads. but i mean have you guys even heard of a place that may have these things? theres always they way of opening one of the boxes and taking them out and putting it back but that wouldnt feel right.