• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

If an slk was not an option, what heatsink would you get?

EDIT: for a p4

Last edited:

sirtoby

how come it's not an option?

well, anyways.. to get back to the question.. I would probably get something from Alpha or Swiftech instead then..

OP
stan03

stan03

i said the slk is not an option because i knew the overwhelming answer would be them:D , and i wanted to know who else you might buy a heatsink from

n8x2

Registered
Alpha PAL 8045 or the Swiftech MCX that fits your mobo/budget.

Personally, I like 8045 over the MCX's:
cheaper
lighter
only a couple degrees dif (with identical fans/setup)
looks so nice (MCX's look kinda 'gimiky' to me. just my opinion)

i said the slk is not an option because i knew the overwhelming answer would be them

u'v been here b4, haven't u? :D

sappo

If noise is an issue, there's always zalman. my friend has a zalman flower and is so happy with it, he says he'll only buy zalman from now on.

arnoldma

zalman r good or rather great when u run at close to stock speeds, but they dont hold up at all when u start to get into overclocking :)

edit: i'd have to say the Alpha PAL 8045 aswell :D

FrozenFears

I use the SLK, but if I had to pick another heatsink, I would go with swiftech, I've actually thought about buying one and swapping it with mine to test for a change in temp.

OP
stan03

stan03

arnoldma said:
zalman r good or rather great when u run at close to stock speeds, but they dont hold up at all when u start to get into overclocking :)

edit: i'd have to say the Alpha PAL 8045 aswell :D

hold up, i read a review on the CNPS 7000 and the only heatsinks beating it were the... *drumroll* SLK seris :eek: