• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drop-Top

I need a p4 heatsink that is under 20 bucks that provides moderately good cooling for a comp that is only going to oc a few hundred mhz. I am ordering some other things from SVC.com so unless you know a better place to buy this and a vga silencer rev 3, then I would prefer it to be from their website.

thanks guys

dicecca112

If your ocing I wouldn't skimp on the Heatsink. you'll be hard pressed to find a 20$ heatsink that cools well anywhere.

w00p

I've got a 10€ CoolerMaster on my HS...
My stock XP2400+ is at 50°C. If you plan on overclocking, buy a decent HS.
If you plan on running it stock like I'm doing with this rig (;)), you can go easy on the cooler.
Though I'd bet you could get a somewhat lower quality heatsink for around 10€ and buy a powerfull fan for about an additional 10€...

Sorry about all the Euro's. :p

dicecca112

thermalright sp-94, I think it's like 39-42$. The best air cooler available. Most likely will beat any watercooling kit. My sp-97 beats my watercooling kit.