• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello All, Information regarding this.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoJoMoJo

Been a member here since the old forums...never really looked into this. What is needed and point me into the direction. My main concern is security vulnerabilities ect....if this is something that has been discussed please reassure me and if my participation is welcomed give me a reply.

Diablo_363rd said:
Been a member here since the old forums...never really looked into this. What is needed and point me into the direction. My main concern is security vulnerabilities ect....if this is something that has been discussed please reassure me and if my participation is welcomed give me a reply.

WELCOME

The FAQ sticky at the top of this board has tons of info! also there is a link to my sig in it, the one about "everything your..." :)

What about security issues?
Straight from stanford: We have worked very hard to maintain the best security possible with modern computer science methodology. Our software will upload and download data only from our data server here at Stanford. The data server doesn't download any executable code to your computer. Actually, our software is considerably safer than the browser you're using to read this!
How is this possible? We take extensive measures to check all of the data entering your computer and the results we send back to Stanford with 2048 bit digital signatures. If the signatures don't match (on either the input out the output) the client will throw away the data and start again. This ensures, using the best software security measures developed to date (digital signatures and PKI in version 3.0), that we are keeping the tightest possible security.

Finally, the client/screensaver are available for download only from this web site, so that we can guarantee the integrity of the software. We do not support FAH software obtained elsewhere and prohibit others to distribute the software.

the FAQ also has quick setup guides to get you up and folding too, also if you have any questions at all anyone here would be more than happy to give you a hand! Hope you will join up with us and fight some disease!

FOLD ON
NAS

all the stuffs you really need is at the stickies :D, and security wise, I haven't heard of a single complain....yet :D

edit: DOH, Nas beat me to it :D

Hello and welcome to F@H. first thing is to click the FAQ link in my sig. that wiull answer most of your questions. If after reading the FAQ you need clarification on anything or have more questions just ask. Again welcome to the team and to the addiction:D

Fold on!!!

Edit: NAS is so quick he closed a size tag with a /color tag.....lol

ok i installed it and am using name JoJoMoJo and input the team 32 is this correct......i notice also that it gives me the option to run the cpu higher in priority should I?

Diablo_363rd said:
ok i installed it and am using name JoJoMoJo and input the team 32 is this correct......i notice also that it gives me the option to run the cpu higher in priority should I?

yep 32 is right! about the priority, you will get the best times when it is set to "idle"

are you running the gui or the text-only client? if the gui put it on "lowest possible"

FOLD ON
NAS

how do i know that i see a dna string and it says working in progress says WU progress 2% as its been a few minutes... i turned my speed down a hair..... hey this is kinda neat for a good cause...tell ya what my gameing squad has about 100 members and we have a few T1 and mostly cable connections....maybe i can get the majority of the members to do this too.

Diablo_363rd said:
how do i know that i see a dna string and it says working in progress says WU progress 2% as its been a few minutes... i turned my speed down a hair..... hey this is kinda neat for a good cause...tell ya what my gameing squad has about 100 members and we have a few T1 and mostly cable connections....maybe i can get the majority of the members to do this too.

sweet! sounds like it is up and folding away:) that would be awesome if you could get your some of your fellow members up! make sure to tell them that running the client will not interfere with gaming performance. The client only uses idle cycles so it is not possible for it to take them from other programs you have runnning. i play UT, WC3 and many other games with it running and haven't seen it affect them yet:D

FOLD ON
NAS

Diablo_363rd said:
hey this is kinda neat for a good cause...tell ya what my gameing squad has about 100 members and we have a few T1 and mostly cable connections....maybe i can get the majority of the members to do this too.

That would be most excellent Diablo, were in a race to make it to 5 million points by the end of the year (the top 3 teams together) plus were working on becoming the #2 team in the world. :eek: Your friends will want to be here when we pull it off.

If you need ammo to try to convince them to join our team remember we are constantly having contests where we give away free hardware.

Also, set to idle (default) the folding client won't interfear with anything you do on your machine. You can burn a CD, play a game whatever.. Folding just moves aside seamlessly until the box has cycles to spare.

ok i just posted a thread in my gameing squad.....tell ya what if some of ya are bored the url is tpwar.com to get in the forums you have to register but post away to get peopel in. I think the guy in charge our c.o. would just love the traffic in return. I go by JoJoMoJo in there.....I have also expressed the cause of this in the thread and posted a direct url to this thread along with a screenshot of the program at work. Let me know if there is anything else I can do....

As far as the gaming goes, folding will definitely not interfere. In fact I would probably have more points if it weren't for my growing affection for UT2003. :D

You know what else Diablo, you guys could fold as a sub team :D All you would have to do is create an account with the name of your clan or whatever. Everybody would just enter that name when asked for username. This way you could all work towards a common goal as a team, just like when you gaming. I think that would help a lot of the guys get involved.. If you want to see a sucessful sub-team, look at OC3d currently #2 in our team stats.. :beer:

I don't think there is much worry security wise. There are a lot of heavy hitters in this project that are network administrators. These guys wouldn't install software across their corporate networks if there were any big security holes. The software and all the data it uses comes from Stanford, There is good support to help you get around most firewalls, without needing to comprimise your network security.

Welcome to the project, I hope you enjoy it, and find the addiction.

Diablo_363rd ... TEAM 32 is correct... You may run its whatever you wish... most run @ idle or low. If you run it up to high it will just slow anything else you do down & Folding also.

WELCOME

A new friend just decided to help by downloading and he put in team 32 he is using an xp2100 with dsl. Noble cause think this is too easy for people not to do this.

Diablo_363rd said:
A new friend just decided to help by downloading and he put in team 32 he is using an xp2100 with dsl. Noble cause think this is too easy for people not to do this.

Good man! One on me :beer: & one for your friend :beer: Tell him to swing by & say hi!

question i click on user stats and i the link doesnt work for my name is there usually a delay for a new member for this to work?

rgr i just got informed six more adding to team 32 ill tell ya when they are up and going.

Back