• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello all it's been a while, video card question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

I would like to use my TV out feature to watch a program on my 60"TV from my computer. I have dual DVI which I have a monitor on each then I have a TV out port that has a S video port that I can connect the cable that came with the board that is a Red Green Blue and S Video.

I bought a component switcher box, you can have 3 inputs and there is one output. I tried to connect the cable that came with the board to the card and ran it into the switcher no luck, I didn't get a image on my TV of what was playing on my PC.

I am even OK with buying a new graphics card if needed to do what I want.

Does anyone know how I can do this with my current card if not what need card would you suggest??

Have you tried another device on the switcher?
Sounds like either the switcher or cable is bad.

Though many older cards have 3 outputs, only GT 640 and up are able to use more than 2 ports simultaneously. In order to use the HDTV output you'll most likely have to disconnect one of the DVI displays. If you're not actually watching all 3 at the same time you could probably just toggle between the two, but if you want them all at once you'll need to upgrade to a GT 640/730 or better.

Back