• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello I just watercooled my PC and wanted some feedback.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicklandscaping

First off this is something I picked up in the past couple of years so my knowledge isn't that great. I always wanted to watercool my PC so I would like anyones feedback on what I should change to get better temps.

Here are my specs.

Rampage 3 Extreme
Intel i7 950 Bloomfield (Not Overclocked, but I would like to get up to or past 5 ghz if possible.
Corsair Dominator Gt 2000 Mhz. (3x4) (3x2) Total of 18 gigs.
Corsair SSD Force Series Gt 120 Gig (OS installed on this W7)
1Tb Caviar Black (games & media)
1Tb Green (Work)
ATI Radeon Hd 5870
Corsair AX 1200

Watercooling Parts
Aqua Computer Airplex modularity 360
COOLER MASTER R4-BMBS-20PK-R0 Blade Master (In pull configuration)
XSPC Raystorm Copper Block (CPU Cooler)
XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Black Reservoir - w/Aquacomputer D5 Pump Motor w/ USB and Aquabus Interface
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 1/2"ID x 3/4" OD

It's a small loop or at least I believe it is. Only took about >1000 Ml to fill it.

Like I said it's not overclocked as of right now just trying to see if my temps are okay... I know liquid cooling isn't going to make my computer ice cold. In the office I would say its around 76 degrees. I'm guessing until I get a thermometer:bang head. I'm limited on time and am not too sure how to upload picture to this yet but my computer at no load is running at
Core 0)91 1)87 2)86 3)95 .
Thanks for your feedback guys can't wait to dig into the forums!:D

Loop looks fine.

Could you use Celcius instead of Farenheit, as it is standard around here?

No wanting to kill your enthusiasm, but forget about 5GHz, maybe, if VERY lucky 4.5 (which is pretty good already!).

Hey shoot high right!

Here are the Temps in C Cores 0)33 1)32 2)36 3)32

Thanks for the quick response

You're welcome.

TBH, I am really no good about Bloomfield OC.

but, but, but... for the experts to helps, you need to download Prime95, HWMonitor (or Core Temp) and CPU-z

Prime95 is a stress test, that will ensure that your system is stable at a given OC.
HWMonitor/CoreTemp will give CPU temperature (on load, as idling temps do not really matter).
CPU-z gives usefull information about vCore, BaseClock , ram freq/timings...

Once you've downloaded these 3 little apps, go for a "dirty" 20 mins run of Prime95 "blend" and take a screen shot with CoreTemp and CPU-z windows.

And then the OCF Bloomfield Guru's will come carrying with them their knowledge and bring you the enlightenment you expect!

Alleluia!

Last edited:
Here are the Requested Pictures

The 1st picture was around the 20 minute mark and i left it running for another 14 minutes and took the 2nd screenshot.

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 47
Back