• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, 2.53 superhot at stock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZL1

Senior Crypto Caretaker
Hi

guys I need some help
a machine Im building for a friend is acting up
its a 2.53 P4 on a Abit IS7-E
for some reason the CPU temps are 50deg idle and 65 load
this is scary and I cant figure out why, I tried reinstalling the fan thinking I might have installed it wrong or something, but it didnt change anything :(
it has AS3 between the fan and the cpu
the fan is a stock 2.4C fan, could that be the reason ?

please advise

Thank you
Dan

CCW

Xtreme refugee
You may need some more airflow. Airflow is important, ideally you want the sme amount of air in and out. Cool air should neter the case form the bottom front of the case and hot air be exhausted from the top back of the case. If you only have space for one case fan you should make sure that it is taking air out of the case as this will create negative pressure inisde the case and due to this air will always come in through gaps to fill up this negative pressure so you will always have cool air coming back into the case. If you only had one fan pulling air in, the ambient case temperatures to rise as there is no pressure to pull the air out of the case.

Arctic Silver 3 is good and you will need to give it time to burn in as this will lower the temperatures. Arctic Silver 5 is a good thermal Interface Material (TIM) and will lower temperatures by 4-5*C over Arctic Silver 3. the more you use the system and the more ubrn-in AS5 recieves, the lower your temps will be. You can read my review of Arctic Silver 5 here.

Craig