• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP: 4800+ with 2 7950GT SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Badman

Registered
What I have:

Asus A8N-SLI Preimum
AMD X2 4800+ (stock fan with the copper coolpipes)
2 EVGA 7950GTs
Antec 650watt Trio! PSU
2.5 Gigs Kingston 400MHz PC3200

Ok Basically I just want to OC the CPU and the GPU for benchmarking purposed to see what I can max on 3dmarks, I am hainv difficulty, only since the SLI set up though. I am not a pro when it comes to OC'ing. So any pointers/set ups anyone want to give me would be great.

I use cool bits for the GPU OC and I use it in classic view for the nivida control panel.

Currently when I oc both I will sometimes get a BSOD, or the system will just freeze. I use the AI overclock at only 8% and set the GPU at 575MHz and the and it crashes.

Before I continue I figured I would post here to see if there is something I am doing wrong, I never touched the multiplier since I dont know what that does and if is there something special I have to do for the SLI ??

Help please....thank.

You need to read the stickies. Theres no short fast way to a stable overclock. I wouldn't use any AI overclocking to OC...there's just too many variables for it to mess up.

Psykoikonov said:
You need to read the stickies. Theres no short fast way to a stable overclock. I wouldn't use any AI overclocking to OC...there's just too many variables for it to mess up.

Hmmm dont see much with SLI and X2s, I see some basic stuff with chips which is cool but im looking for a set-up with SLI. Ahh ph well if no one got info, then no one got info. :shrug: :cry:

Hey you stole my Avatar...lol I have problems trying to bench also.Sometimes its runs SLI sometimes it doesnt.I have tried every setting in the driver's and still have the same problem..I have and another Dual core (165 opty)comming this week and i hope to get it worked out by then

Last edited:
Back