- Oct 22, 2021
What parts did you get? Maybe post a thread up... anything you need to get we can help with?
So far I've ordered:
- Corsair Obsidian 1000D Super-Tower Case
- EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial Pumps
- EK-RES X3 150 Lite Reservoir
- EK-Quantum Momentum ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Water Block (Full Nickel) (and the motherboard to go with it)
- EK-Quantum Vector Strix RTX 3080/3090 D-RGB Water Block (Nickel + Plexi)
- EK-Quantum Vector Strix RTX 3080/3090 Active Backplate Water Block (Acetal)
- Serounder M2 Water Block
- EK-CoolStream XE 480 Radiator (x2)
- EK-CoolStream CE 420 Radiator
For the case, I found an aftermarket fan tray for the top of the case that's capable of mounting two additional 480mm radiators (the top rack it came with only supports 1x 420mm radiator). I'm not sure what spacing will be like once the front two rads are installed, though. I figure that if two 480mm don't fit then 2x 360mms will.
I bought a bunch of soft-tube fittings and PrimoFlex 3/8"x5/8" clear tubing to start with. I really want to use hard tubing, though, but I've never worked with it before. The current plan is to rough-in a loop with the flexible tubing to help figure out where everything will go, and then buy the necessary fittings for hard tubing. I have an idea of what I want the runs to look like, but I don't have a diagram or anything drawn up. The case just arrived yesterday and I haven't yet had time to validate my plan.
I'm sure I'll have questions once the stuff gets here, and I'm definitely open to any feedback or suggestions in the meantime! I've built a custom loop once before, but that was nearly 15 years ago and it was very basic, so I wouldn't say that I know what I'm doing.