• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, alarm and shutdown.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Apilot21

Could some one help me please? I just got my Abit IC7-G and I put it into my new computer. Everything in the computer is brand new exepct for the CPU, I'm waiting for my 3.0 so I put a 2.4 in. I have everything connected, but when I started it up it had an alarm that goes off and it shuts down after about 10-20 second. What is wrong? I cant do anything to set it up in that amount of time. Anyone able to help me? I have an audigy 2 on it if that helps with your answer. Thanks.

micamica1217

try clearing the CMOS.

(remember to turn off your power suply or unplug it.)

it's located just above the SATA conectors.

mica

OP
Apilot21

Apilot21

Thanks but the real problem was the temperature. I didnt have my fan on my cpu cooler on and my temp sensor is way abouve what it actually is. Since its so high it kept thinking the processor was extremely hot but with the fan it helps to fix it so the alram doesnt come on.

micamica1217

Apilot21 said:
Thanks but the real problem was the temperature. I didnt have my fan on my cpu cooler on and my temp sensor is way abouve what it actually is. Since its so high it kept thinking the processor was extremely hot but with the fan it helps to fix it so the alram doesnt come on.

I was thinking that it may be your fan was not pluged in.

sorry to hear that you are not getting proper temp readings.

mica