• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help - Alpha 6035 won&#39t mount properly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmy

Registered
I can't get my new Alpha 6035 to sit on my socket 370 PIII on a cusl2 board.
I've tried it with and without the feet and its looks like its touching, but I can't get the heat to conduct. When I boot up the temp registers about 50C and rises while the heatsink remains cold.
Any suggestions?

Perhaps your clip is no good. You can purchase a new Alpha clip at 2cooltek.com, and if that doesn't work you could always make your own clip, somewhat like a waterblock clip.

I just received my Alpha 6035. I have an Abit KT7-Raid mb with an Athlon 1ghz socket a chip. The fan on this heatsink is approx. 2mm too long. I had to grind down part of the plastic on the fan to make it fit (it was touching two resistors). Now with this new heatsink and fan my temps have gone up, under load with seti my temps are at 50 and 51c. It used to be at 47 to 48c peak. System temps are at around 24c. Should I have removed the "legs" on the cpu for more contact area for this heatsink fan?

Back