• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HElP ASAP , Plextor driver issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vxsca

Registered
my plextor dvdrw says its compatable through xp/vista and later.... ppl said they have it running on their 64bit win7 which im tryn to install.. but my drivers are up to date and it doesnt come with a driver disc... and i cant find the correct drivers for the model online.... (px-880sa) please help

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
You shouldn't need to install any drivers. Are you having issues with it?

OP
V

vxsca

Registered
yea i was.. i was downloading drivers for it and about to burn them onto a disc here on my laptop... then coincidently i got a blue screen o' death. and now i cant get any video to work.. on card or on mobo... no front fan power.. nothing.. completely f****d if you ask me.. i gotta text to see if its my mobo.. psu or what.. im havin a hell of aday with the new build.

OP
V

vxsca

Registered
i still says a driver neededs to be install and halted my win7 install.... i burnt the newest firmware onto a disc.. but it isnt reading.

Automata

What screen are you on? It sounds like it wants the motherboard hard drive controller (or RAID controller if you have one) drivers. I've never had to install any drivers for any optical device.

If it is booting the disc, it IS reading the disc. How else would it load the setup?

OP
V

vxsca

Registered
the screen is asking select the driver to be installed.. a driver for the cd dvd drive. im in browse for folder. it says... browse rescan and next.. and nothing is coming up. for anything. its not running the drive. . its not recognizing any disc in the drive.... its also reading a floppy disk drive. when i do not have 1?
2009-12-05%2012.13.40.jpg

Automata

That is asking for the hard drive controller driver...

Get the driver for the controller, put it on a flash drive and use that instead. I've done this many times without issues.

OP
V

vxsca

Registered

Automata

it is very possible even though i have the install at raid 0. that in my bios its still on raid i will check. and if not i can throw it in a different pc yes.
thankyou. ill check and post again.
Please listen to what I'm telling you. You are running RAID, it is asking for the RAID driver. Put it on a flash drive, point it to that folder.

Daddyjaxx

Wow...weird. I've never had to load any RAID drivers since XP.You didn't by chance try to slim down the 7 install with Nlite did you? I tried and it kept asking for CD drivers.

OP
V

vxsca

Registered
Please listen to what I'm telling you. You are running RAID, it is asking for the RAID driver. Put it on a flash drive, point it to that folder.

ive put the new firmware on a flash drive and its come up on the browse for driver.. but it wont read it.. it wont find on my flash.

and no i didnt try to slim it down by nlite.... dont forget im not upgrading from win xp.. should i leave everything on my raid setting and install xp first instead.
i have a full version of win7 64 bit

Daddyjaxx

Go to Asus site and find this and burn it to a CD. You can find it under support and entering your motherboard model...just like I did.:

Version 3.1.1540.86/3.1.1540

Description AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller Driver V3.1.1540.86 for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista. AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller Driver V3.1.1540.127 for Windows 7 & Windows 64bit 7.
AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller Driver V3.1.1540.86 for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista.
AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller Driver V3.1.1540.127 for Windows 7 & Windows 64bit 7.

File Size 2.18 (MBytes) 2009/07/31 update

There is a make disk program that will copy it to a floppy or just copy the Win 7 64 files to a CD.

Download from Global (DLM) Global China P2P

Automata

ive put the new firmware on a flash drive and its come up on the browse for driver.. but it wont read it.. it wont find on my flash.
You are not listening. This has nothing to do with the optical drive, close any tabs you have open relating to "Plextor". It is asking for the hard drive controller driver. It needs it because you are running RAID 0. Go where Daddyjaxx is telling you, download the drivers, put it on a flash drive. Put it in the computer and point it to that folder.

OP
V

vxsca

Registered
You are not listening. This has nothing to do with the optical drive, close any tabs you have open relating to "Plextor". It is asking for the hard drive controller driver. It needs it because you are running RAID 0. Go where Daddyjaxx is telling you, download the drivers, put it on a flash drive. Put it in the computer and point it to that folder.

i just downloaded those drivers, and put them on a flash. the system is shut down right now. gonna restart it all here in a minute. after installing ill keep ya posted. thanks guys.