• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Backing up Raid 0 and what software to use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GMOOT

Registered
Hello

I have 2 SSDs each 450gb Total raid is 800 +

First Question how should I back up this raid 0 ? I have only used 120gb of the 800

I am using acronis true image 2017 But acronis backs up the whole 800gb .. Should I only backup the 120gb? is so how please

Any good recommendations on any fast software that can do some fast imaging ?? or any what ever you guys recommend //

Thank you

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
Need to know more info... what OS? Is this the OS drive? What SSD's?

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
Unfortunately PNY doesn't provide a backup tool.

That said, Acronis should give you the option to backup only the used space... how are you running it?

trents

Macrium Reflect is great for imaging. Has a lot of options for scheduling imaging on a regular basis, keeping a certain number of images, differential imaging, etc.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Do you hve to import any drivers into macrium to see the raid volume? What if you tell it to look at a volume instead of individual disks (I haven't tried that before, but there must be a setting like that)

OP
GMOOT

GMOOT

Registered
ds.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Do you hve to import any drivers into macrium to see the raid volume? What if you tell it to look at a volume instead of individual disks (I haven't tried that before, but there must be a setting like that)

Thanks for the reply I need help to fix this

Macrium will not do anything I keep getting this error

So I downloaded Driveimage XML and it worked it backed up only the 120gb

But now how to i fix this unformatted raid 0 i dont get it I formatted everything before installing :(

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Did you try googling the error message, did any responses make sense?