• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[HELP] C2Q Q6600 BSEL mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AM1r

Hello guys i'm new to overclockers.com so I hope I dont break any rules :(

So i'm having problem with my old PC, I dont have options in BIOS to OC so i tried BSEL mod but it wont start system.. it fails at "welcome" stage, or even sometimes it start system and then broke after 1m or so :bang head

Hope you can help me.

Specs:
C2Q q6600
4gb ram @337MHz
MOBO : FUJITSU SIEMENS D2750-A2 ( supports 1333 FBS )

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Looking here:
ftp://ftp.ts.fujitsu.com/pub/Mainbo...lassicDesktop/Datasheets/D2xxx/ds_d2750-A.pdf

and here:
http://ark.intel.com/products/29765/Intel-Core2-Quad-Processor-Q6600-8M-Cache-2_40-GHz-1066-MHz-FSB

It looks like your board will only handle 95 watt TDP and the CPU is 105 watt TDP. Also, this CPU is not on the list of compatible CPUs for this board. In looking at the pictures of the board itself, it looks very anemic in power phases. My guess is that the board is already at it's power limit before your attempted OC.

***Edit*** I also see that the built in video takes system RAM. It is also possible that any fsb OC could foul the GPU.