• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! Can&#39t get my comp any hotter.... :-)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rob Cork

Cool - literally! I just took my cpu and mobo out to do the volt mod to my A7v (chickened out in the end - need to practice my soldering skills first before messing around with a £130 mobo!). When I put the whole lot back together, I now have load temps of 37C (running seti + winamp and surfing the net for an hour), compared to 39C before. My chipset temp is also down to 23C - before it was 26C. Well I'm happy, though I can't explain it :)

Now all that remains is to be seen whether I can oc any more... lol

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that's watercooled - I guess I must have done something right - can't see how better contact could lower my chipset temps so much, I reckon I might have moved the IDE cables around, getting more air through the case this time... truth is I don't know, wish I did cos I'm scared that if I ever take it out and put it back in my temps'll go up again. Or maybe they'll go down again...

Back