• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help! Cant get the 2400+ stable with the FSB at 140....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jkilla74

This is weird, I had it at 140X15 and ran 3d mark, no crashes, played other games, no crashes.. But when i play Unrealtournment2k3 my system restarts. So I go back to default speeds and im fine again. Before i had this chip i had the 2100+ prcoessor with the fsb at 140 for 2 months without a single crash... Can anyone help me with this, would raising the voltage help me???? My temps are 32c normal, full load 37c ...

athlon Xp2400+
A7V333 bios 1015
1024 PC2700 samsung ram
Geforce 4 ti4600(visiontek)
western digital 30/40 7200 rpm ata 100 hds
sb audigy 5.1 gsmer
400 watt ernomax ps

did you increase your voltage?

I only have a Epox-8kha+ and I was able to push it to 152x15 without really trying. I know my system can definately set a higher fsb just that I have not yet got time to do a voltage mod on my mobo.

Now I have set my system bus at 149 which scores best benchmark so far for me.... and I am only using Crucial PC 2100 256mb x2! I set my voltage at v1.85 which is the highest before mod.

Stepping: AIUBC 0242 VPAW

where did u buy ur ram... juz wondering i got ripped off for some
"overclocked ram" but i was able to get a full refund...

i raised the voltageto 1.79 and i still crashed with unreal only.... Could it be that unreal utilizes the cpu and this is why its happening....?? Should i try to up the voltage a little more i kinda liked stayin at 40c or less..

I don't know what is causing your problems, but I just wan to let you know that you are not the only who has had problems with overclocking + UT2003. For some reason, every FSB setting above 133 resulted in a crash when trying to play UT2003. The wierd thing was that it was stable as can be during prime and benchmaeks. =/

There's something new you learn every single day... I never knew there could be such problems never even heard of this before. I got the system below clocked at that speed and its 100% stable in all games/programs, I'm also folding 24/7 so its under constant load. Did u set you memory to run at FSB + 33? because if you did, it might be a memory related problem, so either try to remove that setting or up the memory voltage a little and see what happens, I don't think that if the CPU is not even a little more stable at such a voltage increase that its the CPU which is holding you back.

who said video card???? That answer makes no sense.. Anyway, i had the FSB cranked to 140 for 2 months when i had my 2100+ processor in and unreal ran fine. So it must have something to do with the 2400+ proccessor that i have. I ran fine with unreal when i changed the multipler to 14 and the fsb to 149........Which brings me to 2086 mhz............ Maybe I shoould up the voltage to 1.85... I dont know, is it really worth it, I mean when I up my FSB to 140 am I really increasing the frames per second in my games??? Or an I gaining like 2- 3 frames per second more?

Back