• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Help] Can't overclock my Radeon!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=TriX-R4-KidS=

Everytime I attempt to overclock my Radeon (Sapphire Radeon 9000 non-pro 64mb).........the system (xp pro) crashes with the following error:

"Technical Info:

***STOP: 0xc0000008e (0xc00000005, oxbf9e05fc, oxefb12250, ox00000000)

*** ati2dvag.dll - Address BF9e05fc base at fb9b8000, datestamp 3e602b67"

even w/ a 1 mhz overclock this crash happens....

the ati2dvag.dll is the driver....so I though it was the driver causing the crash....but it happens w/ cat 3.1 and 3.0 as well. the current drivers are cat 3.2....and are fine when im not trying to overclock.

Any Ideas?

the only thing i can think of is to update the video card bios...but i dont know if that would help at all.

-TriX

well.....i was doing some messing around and installed the original drivers for the card from the manuf's CD........and w/ these drivers (not sure about v number but they are 6/22/2002.........i can overclock just fine. too bad i lose about 1000 points in 3dmark w/ these old drivers.

so i guess its the drivers : \ . maybe these new cat 3.4's will help.

I've the same problem and the same videocard (sapphire), but I'm running W2K and whenever I overclock the card and start a game or 3dmark01, it returns to stock specs, 250/200.
I was able to overclock with the slower stock drivers also.
I installed the latest cat 3.4 without luck.
I tried Rivatuner, Rage3dtweaker, radlink, powerstrip,... and no luck.
I don't know what to do, but it is a driver lock for sure, not a BIOS lock, although a BIOS edit might solve the problem. If you know how to do it POST PLEASE.

Sòmines.

Maybe.... the 3.2 cats we used on our card were very unstable and crashed our sys a bunch of times. we loaded the 3.4 cats and viola!! no crash!

The non pro is clock locked in all drivers after 2.4's Sorry to break it to you :-\
I put a corb and ramsinks on mine, but as soon as i up the drivers...it resets!

looks like we have to wait for ATI to unlock our cards......it may not be soon, or even ever

Sorry :(

i'm doing it right now
378core
297mem
on my Sapphire 9500 using the 3.4 cats and the driver patch found here along with Rivatuner

no bios mod needed

enjoy:D

Ok bro, we are talkin about the 9000 non pro not the 9500. BIG difference.

BTW- Igot my 9000 to OC using pstrip and hoger! w00t!

Wraith said:
Ok bro, we are talkin about the 9000 non pro not the 9500. BIG difference.

BTW- Igot my 9000 to OC using pstrip and hoger! w00t!

oops:D

misread the thread
guess i'll go stick my finger in a fan now

Back