• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help completing setting up my RAID 0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kILLDR3n

Registered
I've put two 750GB WD Caviar Blacks in Raid 0 (Striping) and the "stripe size" at optimal through the BIOS. It asked me to clear the data on the drives and I said yes.

Now what do I do? When I go to run the Diagnostics test on them they don't appear as drives as yet. I go to Disk Management and it shows Disk 1 as 1397.28GB and it is Unknown and Unallocated. It is also Not Initialized. Do I have to initialize them? When I right click and initialize there are two options MBR and GPT and I do not know what either of them mean so I don't know which to click or if I even have to do this part?

I am running Vista 32bit right now and please guide me through on exactly what to do from this point as you can tell I've never done this before.

Also did I have to format these drives or something before I put them in an array? I really don't know exactly what to do.

dorkbert

Registered
Keep in mind all you've done in BIOS setup was configuring the array and creating a logical drive. The newly created logical drive has no partition information or file system. You will need to use Disk Manager to partition and format the drive so that OS can make use of it.