• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, Computer Stopped Booting!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

Ok, it was running great, i was testing out my new wc system. I restarted, and nothing happened. I tried another processor, nuthing. I tried new rem, nuthing. Its not the video card, and i rtied unpluging everything but the power to the mobo, and still no boot. When it firt stopped booting, i saw i had left off the chipset heatsink. Its a 333fsb chipset, but only running at 266, and when it touched it right before i put it back on, it was very warm, but not hot. I have a sinking feeling i killed my mobo, but i hope it could be somthing else. Ohh, and i tried taking all pci devices out and clearing cmos and lots of other stuff.

OP
Yuriman

Yuriman

CRAP-o, cant get one till june, luckily i just ordered a k6-3 fo this socket7 with a k6-2 in it. Supposedly a k6-3 can run ut2003. Are you sure tho?

OP
Yuriman

Yuriman

HOLY CRAP, i was trying more and more ram in vain, and th 4th chip in the second slot makes it work!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit] HOLY CRAP, NOW IT ALL WORKS!!!!!!

timmyqwest

Disabled
thats odd...so other chips from other systems didnt work?

i'd RMA the motherboard and RAM if you could....as long as it wasnt your fault

OP
Yuriman

Yuriman

How do i rma the motheboard, ive had problems b4, i got it at the computer show, as well as the ram, in 2001. It was the cheapest kt333 i saw, and came with ram.

OP
Yuriman

Yuriman

Hmm, im gonna add active cooling to my chipset, i discovered that my system temp is read from the chipset. With the copper doohicky i had in it it stayed bout 30-35c. I put the default aluminum gigabyte one on and BLAM, chipset is 42c. Is that hot or what?!!