• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help deciding on Intel Mobo? P4B533-E or P4PE??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

turbodiesel

I am currently in the process of switching over to intel. I am currently using an ASUS A7V333-R with XP 1800+. I would like some input on the following motherboards for use with the following: Mushkin PC2700 512MB DDR RAM, and a P4 2.53GHz processor.

I am looking at these two boards:
ASUS P4B533-E w/Raid
ASUS P4PE Motherboard

I am not overly concerned with overclocking, but more concerned with a reliable stable board that runs fast.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

leathersmt

I just recieved my P4PE, and as soon as the radeon 9700 gets here , I will let you know. BUT do not go for any of the SIS chipsets, I had the word from RMA at asus yesterday that they are not doing well on any of the boards they are on....

goatzool

Sis Chipsets

Leathersmt, what you heard from ASUS was that the SiS 648 chipsets are having problems, or all of them? I've read that the SiS 648 chipset's unofficial DDR400 support is turning out to be very unofficial, and incorrect.