• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help distilled water everywhere!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cack01

name says it all. Everywhere video cards, pci cards luckily thr system was off. Im kinda antsy to get it turned back on tonight. I have a house fan and a blow dryer on it right now. Does anybody have any advice on how long I should wait. I had some uv reactive liquid in it also. I'm petty sure its non-conductive. I hope.

thanks for any advice or quick dry tips.

tft

Always better to be safe than sorry in a situation like that. I'd just take all the cards out, dry them well with and old T-shirt or something, then clean up as much water in the case as you can get to. Then let it dry overnight with a fan bowing on it.

OP
cack01

cack01

over night!!!! thats almost 12 hours!!!! I guess I deserve it. Ive been thinking steeling some turf dry from the baseball field to soak up all the water. j/k Am I the only one this has happeded to?????

cyber mouse45

Cyber Cheesiest Senior
tft said:
Always better to be safe than sorry in a situation like that. I'd just take all the cards out, dry them well with and old T-shirt or something, then clean up as much water in the case as you can get to. Then let it dry overnight with a fan bowing on it.

Yep, I’d say the same thing. You definitely do not want any water in there when you turn it back on. Do you mind me asking how it happened?? :p

OP
cack01

cack01

ya overnight may be best, i have a final tomorrow I should study for anyways.

The way it happened was that I was tightening the clamp on the inlet for the water block. I guess I bend the clamp somehow when I was tightening it, and the clamp insted of being a circle, it was oval so it bend the tubing wierd so it didn't have a snug fit onto the waterblock and well the rest is just history.

Maybe I'll write a book someday on the horror of watching the water drip down into every crevis and collect into a puddle on the case's bottom.

JoeCrappa

it happened to me too man. but mine wasn't distilled and the comp was on. luckily i jumped to the power like max payne as soon as the water got everywhere. i just dried everything off...dried the motherboard with a hair dryer...(not too hot of course) got a lamp and moved it around the case to make sure there was no water or anything left. i took my cards out of course and dried them separately. then i fired up that bad buy and hoped it would post...it did.

cyber mouse45

Cyber Cheesiest Senior
cack01 said:

Maybe I'll write a book someday on the horror of watching the water drip down into every crevis and collect into a puddle on the case's bottom.

I think I would have had a heart attack and died if I saw that happen. :D

OP
cack01

cack01

wow im suprised it worked. How long did you dry it. I'm guessing over night. do you guys think it would hurt anything if I just left the hair dryer on and just laid it next to it, will the heat from it be painful to anything.

cjlax5

if ur hair dryer has an option for no heat-just regular air do that, that way there is no risk of anything getting damaged by heat