• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Does the NF7 have 4 mouting holes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

Hiya,

Just destroyed my Epox 8RDA+ so I am after a new mobo this board is meant to be very good, but does it have PCI lock and the nessasry 4 mounting holes around the socket to mout thermalright heatsinks?

OP
Quattro

Quattro

Excelent, does this board provide excelent performance?
or overclocking and stability...

glock19owner

Quattro said:
Hiya,

Just destroyed my Epox 8RDA+ so I am after a new mobo this board is meant to be very good, but does it have PCI lock and the nessasry 4 mounting holes around the socket to mout thermalright heatsinks?

Yes it does have the locking PCI bus...BUT you have to set the option in the BIOS...it is set at auto by default...and the rev 2.0 does have the 4 mounting holes...make sure you do get a rev 2.0...there still are some rev 1.0's out that did not have the 4 mounting holes...they are few and far between...but still best to go with a guaranteed rev 2.0. If you do order from some other place then excaliberpc or newegg and do end up getting a rev 1.0...expect to do a VDD and VDIMM mod to get it too reach 200FSB stable.

maxima88

You can't go wrong with a rev 2.0 NF7 mobo. Just check out the numerous success story threads in this ABIT forum.
Best mobo I've ever had.

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
Yes, it's very stable when overclocking. It can have a few quirks, but for AMD overclocking it's arguably the best there is right now.

t_biggs

I havn't either. I just figured that the PCI clock is tied with the AGP clock, so if you leave it at 66 (which I don't see why you wouldn't) it will be fine. I'm not totally sure about it, though.