• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!!!! driver_irql_not_less_or_equal androidafdx64.sys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benscoobert

I picked up a couple of Lenovo explorer vr units for the kids.
I'll need to change their CPU before I can use them, but I thought I'd test them on my machine.

When I plug in either of them I get windows mixed reality thing starting, but then I get BSOD.
with error driver_irql_not_less_or_equal androidafdx64.sys

I've had a googler search but nothing that helps has come up.
Any ideas?

2020-12-25 09.39.50.jpg

DaveB

If you have an Asus motherboard (I see two older ones in your sig), the issue may be with the AI Suite utility. If you have that installed, try uninstalling it and see if that helps. It includes the AndroidAFDx64.sys device driver which is known to cause BSODs.

OP
benscoobert

benscoobert

If you have an Asus motherboard (I see two older ones in your sig), the issue may be with the AI Suite utility. If you have that installed, try uninstalling it and see if that helps. It includes the AndroidAFDx64.sys device driver which is known to cause BSODs.

Good man, those are old PCs in my spec but I do have maximus viii now, uninstalled AIsuite and no BSOD, thank you very much