• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help finding the right mobo!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dxiw

Disabled
My dad is having me build him a p4 system with him, but he wants a motherboard with usb 2.0, and fairly good overclocking as he wants to overclock it from p4 northwood 2.0 to 2.2 or if he buys the 2.2 to 2.4. His only main requests are usb 2.0 and intel 850 chipset, rdram, and the usu (lan, snd,etc). Do any of you guys know any boards that would fit those requirements? Thanx for any help guys.

you won't see high overclocking potential in rdram, well besides the ones who got lucky with voltage modifications, you could go ddr with the i845 and get similar memory bandwidth and a great overclock. If you did go i845 id say go asus p4b266 but if he's bent on getting the 850 then check out the abit th7-II which would be a great board for rdram, hope this helps.

Back