• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help First Watercooling Fractal Design Define S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is a list if I dont take the kit. Do I have everything? I'm scared I forgot something, I would like to add a valve may be just before the pump.
Q Prix Description
1 68 68 EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel
1 137 137 EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM (incl. pump)
1 108 108 EK-FC970 GTX TFX - Nickel
2 68 136 Alphacool - Radiateur NexXxoS ST30 Full Cuivre 360
6 4.49 26.94 EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm - Nickel
1 16 16 EK-AF Ball Valve (10mm) G1/4 - Black
1 16 16 EK-AF X-Splitter 4F G1/4 - Black
1 4.95 4.95 EK-AF Extender Rotary M-M G1/4 - Black
1 20 20 TUBE PrimoChill PrimoFlex™ Advanced LRT™ 12,7 / 9,5mm - Crystal Clear RETAIL 3m
532.89 Total

1 344 344 EK Kit performance 360
1 83 83 EK-CoolStream PE 360
1 16 16 EK-AF Ball Valve (10mm) G1/4 - Black
1 16 16 EK-AF X-Splitter 4F G1/4 - Black
1 4.95 4.95 EK-AF Extender Rotary M-M G1/4 - Black
1 108 108 EK-FC970 GTX TFX - Nickel

571.95 Total
Can I save money somewhere? The pump seems to be very expensive no?

Thanks

Are you only using 1 GPU or 2? You have 2 cards listed in the OP but only 1 block listed here. If you are only using 1 GPU you will probably be ok with a 600W PSU.

I'm not sure how you plan on routing your tubing so you'll need to verify the number and type of fittings needed. Same is true for tubing.

You will still need fans for the radiators.

Yes the EK pumps are expensive. If you want to save some money you can go with the Swiftech MCP50x with Reservoir Should save you about $50 US.

Are those two separate listings? If they are, as blay said, you forgot to add fans to your first listing.

I would slow down and do more research. What fits, what doesn't. Are you going 1 or 2 GPUs? Do you need a bigger rad or 2? Too many variables. Need to break it down for us so we know where you stand. Asking all these basic questions only tells me you haven't done enough research. You need to do your own homework so you're programmed on what to do in any situation.

Okay this configuration in details + my water-cooling list. . You can find the link with a good example what I want to do with my CFG https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...esign-define-s-and-custom-ek-wb-watercooling/. His system seems to be performant with an OC at 4.8 and 56 C.
This is my Configuration below.
I7 6700K 4 ghz
Nvidia GTX 980 MSI
Z170 MSI Pro Gaming
Ram 16 Go 2800 MHZ
SSD 250 go
1 HDD 2 To
Alim 650 W Gold Certified or 750 W???
Tower Fractal Design Define S

I think for a first watercooling experience, I will bet on a EK kit EK-KIT L360 (R2.0) 280€.
-universal CPU water block: EK-Supremacy MX (incl. mounting- & thermal material)
- radiator: EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Tripple)
- radiator fan: EK-Vardar F3-120 1850rpm (3pcs)
- water pump / reservoir unit: EK-XRES 100 DDC MX 3.1 PWM
- tubing: EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black 15,9/9,5mm (2 meters)
- compression fittings: EK-ACF Fitting 10/16mm Nickel (6 pcs)
- coolant concentrate: EK-Ekoolant EVO Clear (100mL; for 1L of coolant)
- additional pump holder (120mm fan hole pattern)
- Y-cable splitter: EK-Cable Y-Splitter 3-Fan PWM (10cm)
- ATX bridging plug

I will add to this kit the GPU block and some fans from Corsair.
4* Corsair(3 for the front + 1 for the back of the tower)
*1 EK-FC980 GTX (Copper plexi)
*1 16 16 EK-AF Ball Valve (10mm) G1/4 - Black
*1 16 16 EK-AF X-Splitter 4F G1/4 - Black
*1 4.95 4.95 EK-AF Extender Rotary M-M G1/4 - Black

So in this kit the CPU block is in copper plexi, so I took a GPU with the same material.
I would like to change the opaque tube into TUBE PrimoChill PrimoFlex™ Advanced LRT Crystal Clear 10/16 mm just for esthetic reason.

I would like to put the radiator at the front with 3 Corsair fans. Do you think a radiator 360 is enough for the CPU + GPU? What is more efficient put the radiator at the top or at the front of the tower?

I believe a 650W PSU will be sufficient. Just be sure to get one that is a quality unit like EVGA, Seasonic or some Corsairs. Pick one you like and verify if it's in the Jonnyguru link that I posted earlier. If you think you might want to go SLI in the future you may want to go up to a 750W or 850W PSU.

I personally think if you're only going 1 rad then it should be up top, but that's just personal preference. Why add warm air into the case if there's no reason to, even if it's minimal. There's nothing wrong with either choice.

If you decide to replace the rad fans with Corsair make sure to get the SP120 High Performance series. They have a much higher static pressure than the AF or quiet series fans. FWIW the Vardar fans are excellent too so don't think you need to replace them for performance reasons. The will perform about as well as any fan on the market.

I think Jack could answer better if a 360 would be able to cool the CPU+GPU. IIRC EarthDog mentioned it would. There may be a formula in the stickies too to help calculate how much rad you need. My formula has been if you think it'll take 3 then make it 4. :)

I would replace those Corsair fans with the Vardar's. They are great rad fans from what I've read and heard. If its for case fans, stick with the ones that come with the case.

The 360mm fan is fine for your CPU + GPU only loop. If you decide to add another GPU down the road, you'll need to up your PSU like Blay said and add more rad to the loop like a 240mm or 360 if you're looking for the best delta temps possible. All up to you.

Back