• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!!!!!!!!!geforce4200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azureblu12

Hi im having trouble with my gainward geforce ti4200
im running windows xp
xp 1700+
a7v333
it crashes whenever i try to do anything heavy visually
it especially crashes often in cs
PLEASE TELL ME ANY POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

Read up on the optimum BIOS settings for your graphics card. Make sure you have the latest drivers. Check the Asus website for support for your motherboard. Check the FAQ's. Get informed.

Keep in mind that the latest drivers on the site are not always the best. I think if you go to nvidia's site and go to the dets, the 40.72 (I use these) beta drivers come up.

The latest WHQL drivers are version 30.82. I would try a few different drivers out and see what works best for you.

Another thought is that the driver install is in some way botched up, at www.guru3d.com you can get the detonator destroyer which will completely remove the driver and you can start from scratch.

As the others mentioned already Directx and a constant (true) psu are other good places to start. Good luck.

It sounds to me like something wrong in the BIOS or with the video card itself. Drivers shouldn't cause this sort of freeze up and beeping is a bad sign that has to do with BIOS or the hardware (motherboard and vid card)

rdytorave said:
It sounds to me like something wrong in the BIOS or with the video card itself. Drivers shouldn't cause this sort of freeze up and beeping is a bad sign that has to do with BIOS or the hardware (motherboard and vid card)

UT2003 demo used to crash me quite a bit like that, it would freeze and sometimes emite a loud beep from the mb. Had to hard boot when it crashed like that.

They claimed that it was because the computer was overclocked, but after the patch my stability issues just about went away. Nothing wrong with my vid card, but still got sort of similar problems, though I havn't run cs on this rig since I built it. Anything is possible.

Back