• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[HELP] How to overlock DDR3 memory speed of Gigabyte G41M Combo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mindfane

Hello,

I have a Gigabyte G41M Combo motherboard hosting an Intel Core 2Quad Q9550.

The board supports DDR2 and DDR3. Supported DDR3 speeds are 1066/1333(O.C.). I have a pair of G-Skill RipjawsX 1333MHz 4GB sticks. I want to use them with this motherboard.

So how can I overclock the memory clock to 1333MHz. I have never tried overclocking before so I do not know what BIOS settings needs modification.

Details:

Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz, 1333MHz FSB)
Motheboard: Gigabyte G41M Combo Rev 1.4
BIOS Version: F4 (latest)
RAM: DDR3 GSkill RipjawsX 1333MHz (9-9-9-24) 4GB X 2

When I go to twek the BIOS, I see the following settings relevent (I might be wrong)
MCH Frequency Latch (options: 266,200,333, Auto)
System Frequncy Multiplier (SPD): (Options: depends on what I have selected for previous option)

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
So you got the DDR3 working?

Did you change that MCH setting?

So you got the DDR3 working?

Did you change that MCH setting?

Nope!

I am getting beep-beeps when I connect the DDR3 module. At the moment I am using a pair of DDR2 modules. I was hoping if I overclock to 1333MHz (same as that of RAM) I might get it to work.

At the moment all the settings in BIOS are at their defaults (Auto mostly)

Nope!

I am getting beep-beeps when I connect the DDR3 module. At the moment I am using a pair of DDR2 modules. I was hoping if I overclock to 1333MHz (same as that of RAM) I might get it to work.

At the moment all the settings in BIOS are at their defaults (Auto mostly)

I highly doubt that'll work. You need a working system before even thinking about an overclock.

I highly doubt that'll work. You need a working system before even thinking about an overclock.

I have ordered a 1 GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM. That should get the system booting. Once I manage to get into the BIOS, how can I then set memory clock to 1333MHz? My plan is to overclock the memory to 1333MHz (using a 1066MHz ram to boot) and then replace the 1066 RAM with the 1333MHz stick.

Back