• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, I cant access my routers settings.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

I have a Belkin Cable/DSL 4 port router. When I first got it I used it just as a switch for my home network because I didn't have broadband. I remember that at first I could type the IP in my address bar to access the Routers settings. The address is 192.168.2.1. But after doing something to get my PC's see each other, forgot exactly what, that no longer worked.

So now I am getting broadband (cable) soon and I will be using the router for my PC and two others. I am waiting for them to hook up the service but in the mean time I decided I should just see what I can configure on the router. So I have it connected to my PC, router is on and a light shows that my PC is connected. Thats all good but when I type the address to access the routers settings it wont display. Of course I dont have an internet connection right now, but that shouldn't matter, should it?

I've reset the router by pressing the reset switch on it just to make sure its at factory settings. In the manual it says the router will assign your PC an IP address in a certain range but mine is totally different. I have my TCP/IP settings set to 'Obtain IP address automatically'. And I beleive that DHCP is enabled.

So what could the problem be?