• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! i have to pre-heat my processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

john240sx

i overclocked my XP1600 to 1.52Ghz (145FSB X 10.5). it runs great, 37C full load, completely stabil (6 hours of 3DMark + 6 hours of Toast. i havn't crashed or had any errors anyway)

the problem is when i do a cold boot (when the processor is at room tempreture) i have to let the processor heatup before it can post. i tried upping the VCore to 1.85 and it still has to heatup first (it's at 1.625 VCore right now). is there anyway to fix this?

(i heard about this before, i tried searching but i might not be using the right words or something)

juliendogg

power supply? alot of cold boot problems can come from not having enough power, especially when o/c'ing. what are you using for a psu?

OP
J

john240sx

i'm using a Antec 300W. the 5V rail is 4.76V, that's a little low :(

i guess it's time for a PSU upgrade. i have to keep an eye on the classifieds :D