• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! I need DDR motherboard. Which one is Good ? Please READ !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_jubei_

Disabled
Hi I Have to buy DDR motherboard. I am looking for ASUS . But Which one ?? I heared there is NEW ASUS motherboard on the market that supports SDRam, as well as DDR sdram. Does anyone Have it ??? If so HOW IS IT. I am looking for a STABLE motherboard, that is also easy to overclock. However STABILITY is my Priority .

I would appreciate if you could RESPOND ASAP. I will have to Buy NEW BOARD withing next 2 DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Asus board you're talking about it A7A266, cost around $176+10. Also uses ALI MAGIK 1 CHIPSET. It is still very early, Asus will keep on updating their bios to make the compatibilty problem with both ddr and sdram. Stablity comes with a heavy cost from Asus= time, so expect plenty of problems for awhile if you choose Asus.

In additon to the warning about being an early Asus buyer, the performance of the ALi MaGiK1 chipset has not been good. The AMD 760 is only temporary and has already had it's problems, so you might as well wait for the VIA KT266.

Sorry, I missed the two-day deadline! Maybe you should just get another Iwill KA266.

Back