• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help in installing water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sp3ical1st

This is my first post in this forum.
I am thinking of installing a water cooler in my new PC. Of course there are people in the forum who have experience in this.

Specifications of my PC :

CPU: Intel Core i7-7800X Processor
M/B: ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME LGA2066 DDR4 M.2 U.2 X299 EATX Motherboard with onboard 802.11AD WiGig Wi-Fi USB 3.1
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX1080TI 11G GAMING
RAM: G.SKILL DDR4-3000MHZ 16GBX2 TRIDENT Z RGB
SSD: 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO SSD
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
Cooling: Water Cooling
PSU: EVGA
Case: Crystal 570X RGB Mirror Black Tempered Glass, Premium ATX Mid Tower Case

I Want to cool the CPU, GPU and Ram.

I was thinking to use ekwb cooling system.

1. I wouldnt cool the ram... it isnt remotely needed.
2. Do you need help sizing the loop? Block choices? All of it?

More information is needed to help!!

do people build their own any more?
I remember back in 2001 when I built my first, no one even had "pre-made" water cooling for sale

now there are a lot of selections
should he go with a certain brand or build his own?

do people build their own any more?
I remember back in 2001 when I built my first, no one even had "pre-made" water cooling for sale

now there are a lot of selections
should he go with a certain brand or build his own?

This is my first time to install water cooling. I have no information about water cooler

Of course not, but it's still best to do some reading and research of your own.

The pictures you posted are of elite, show builds. One does not simply build one of these without doing research.

IMO you should start with a simple soft tubing build. Hard tubing adds an element of difficulty that can, and should, scare away newer builders. That's not to say you can't.

We don't know your particular level of expertise. Some people pick things up quicker than others.

Of course not, but it's still best to do some reading and research of your own.

The pictures you posted are of elite, show builds. One does not simply build one of these without doing research.

IMO you should start with a simple soft tubing build. Hard tubing adds an element of difficulty that can, and should, scare away newer builders. That's not to say you can't.

We don't know your particular level of expertise. Some people pick things up quicker than others.

Thank you I understood the point I will start reading and research.

Once you're done reading up, have a look at this simple video.

Blay is right. Those are show rigs but you could do something similar once your knowledge is dialed in. There's so much to learn. Take your time and make sure you're in it for the long haul otherwise just stick to AIOs, plug n play, set n forget and get pretty RGBs.

Once you're done reading up, have a look at this simple video.

Blay is right. Those are show rigs but you could do something similar once your knowledge is dialed in. There's so much to learn. Take your time and make sure you're in it for the long haul otherwise just stick to AIOs, plug n play, set n forget and get pretty RGBs.

Thank you I will sure

Back