• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! is my DVDROM dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liquidsky

Registered
I've got this weird problem. Well I had just finished watching the movie today and so i ejected the dvd. Well everything was normal. It ejected and then I put in an audio cd. And there it was my drive wouldn't start spinning. So I rebooted.......same thing. So I shut off my pc completely. Waited 15 minutes then turned it back on. Still doesn't spin. The cd goes in but it just doesn't start spinning. Clicking on the dvd drive in MY COMPUTER doesn't work too. Just says "insert a cd/dvd". Now what is wrong here? Is it broken?

My drive is a Pioneer slot in 6X32X.

OP
L

Liquidsky

Registered
it's not that it works sometimes. it won't work at all. I've taken it out and put it back in. Flashed the firmware and still nothing. It must be screwed. But if any of you could help then it would save me a few bucks. Thanks

Bmxpunk86pl

are u putting in the same cd all the time? Most likely the little rubberband from the motor snapped. Try to RMA it, thats all i can think of.

good luck,
adam