• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!!! Is my xp barton 3000 locked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

Ya so is my cpu locked or not, its a xp barton 3000, and my mobo is asus a7n8x-e deluxe. If so anyway to unlock? Because i just want to get the most performance out of my cpu.

edwardaune

charnces are that it is locked, especially if it was puchased recently. my 2800 barton is. you can still get a lot out of it, just tweak the FSB and the voltage. you should still get pretty decent speeds out of it.

The Coolest

Jacobman>> If you really want an unlocked chip tho:
There's always ebay (for the 3000+), and then the 2500+ or 2600+ mobiles.

Drec

change the multiplyer? if you cant...its locked. yes turning up the fsb will oc it..and the higher u turn up the fsb the more volts itll need to remain stable...turn the fsb up 5 at a time till it doesnt boot, when that happens turn the vcore up .05 then keep turning fsb up till ur where u wanna be. keep temps in mind too.

Bboy_Jon

ya mine is locked too, so far ive only been able to be stable with the fsb at 215 (used prime 95) but i havent tried mem test (and all voltages were at stock speeds) and load temp was about 46

ok so should i just keep upping the fsb until it doesnt boot to windows? And do you only up the vcore by .05 or the memory and chip voltages too?

Drec

Bboy_Jon said:
ya mine is locked too, so far ive only been able to be stable with the fsb at 215 (used prime 95) but i havent tried mem test (and all voltages were at stock speeds) and load temp was about 46

ok so should i just keep upping the fsb until it doesnt boot to windows? And do you only up the vcore by .05 or the memory and chip voltages too?

you have pc3200 which runs @ 200mhz..so having it running at 215mhz is OCing it, and if you want it to be able to run past stock you will have to up the vdimm as for the cpu, i would up the vcore .05 at a time, but you can do .1 if you want, just keep an eye one temps

Bboy_Jon

lol i know im ocing haha. Im going up by .05's

I tried to get to 225 (ive gotten to 220, but it wont run stable with prime and the vdimm and chipset voltage all the way up) but it wouldnt boot with the vcore at 1.75, but i didnt up the vdimm.

Do i have to up the chipset voltage?

OP
Jacobman

Jacobman

Well i have succefully oc'd it at 219mhz and only had to up the voltage .05 volts, and now i am happy on my pcmark04 i went up 400 points. Now back to oc'ing, i go to 220 it wont boot i upped the voltage another .05 and still wouldnt boot. So should i bring the voltage up .1 or now is there something else that needs upping.

Bboy_Jon

Jacobman said:
Well i have succefully oc'd it at 219mhz and only had to up the voltage .05 volts, and now i am happy on my pcmark04 i went up 400 points. Now back to oc'ing, i go to 220 it wont boot i upped the voltage another .05 and still wouldnt boot. So should i bring the voltage up .1 or now is there something else that needs upping.

ya when i got to 220 it wouldnt boot (but i never raised the voltages) the next day i tried it at 220 again and it booted but it wasnt stable with prime

i can run stable at 217 (with prime 95) havent tried mem test though

i wanna get at least 2.3 ghz (so either 219 or 220)

babyelf

Registered
Jacobman said:

what about the vdimm?
which mushkin do you have?
try to up the volts on the proc and if it don't work then up the vdimm.. if it works.. try to lower the vcore and see whether u can still run it... cause chances are u up the wrong volts at first.. then try higher.. then up ur vcore again.. etc etc

OP
Jacobman

Jacobman

Uh another thing that someone could anwser is when i put the multiplier higher on my cpu, even though its locked,why do my pcmark04 scores go down?

Bboy_Jon

ummm shouldnt it go up since your rasing the speed? lol

well its almost stable at 219 fsb, the ram is fine (ran memtest, no errors) but its still wont run in prime, do increase the vcore more? or the chipset?

Bboy_Jon

dam wtf, it worked before at 218fsb with voltage at 1.9, vdimm at 2.9, and chipset at 1.7 (max voltages except vcore) then i try again and it doesnt work wtf? and now 217 wont work (i was able to run stable without any changes in voltages now it doesnt work)

omg