• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!! Is this a dead CPU? I can´t boot my upgrade!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@[email protected]

Ok guys... I bought a very cheap upgrade, a 1.0A tualatin celeron to take the trone of my cely [email protected], hoping a 10x160+, but when I put him in the my ASUS TUSL2C it never ever booted. When i put back my old celemine it always promptly boot as usual. I tryed to clear the cmos, disable the jumperfree mobo menu and use the jumpers, no way. Never boot! And always I put back my old cpu it always boot Ok...! I think it was D.O.A. :mad:

Please: Any considerations or commets apreciated... I´m considering asking a replacement.

Stuff:
Mobo: ASUS TUSL2c
Mem: OCz Pc166
HD: 10.2 7200rpm seagate b2
video: R7500
Cooler: Alpha pal6035
Sound: USB Aiwa speakers (no sound card)

Everything previously working.

OP
@crilicM@n

@[email protected]

No I havent but it should recognize it default... al tusl2c should recognize a 1.0a celeron fcpga2... That´s what this cr%* is for... :(
Dam, can´t find anyone here in this city with a similar mobo or cpu to crosstest them.... RRRRRRRRRRRR dam city.. I´m in the end of the world!

OP
@crilicM@n

@[email protected]

yeah yeah, i ´ve tryed to back everything to default, autodetect, jmper free, jumper enabled, cleared the cmos.... Never works and when I install back my cely600 it get´s promptly recognized..... :(

JCLW

If it's a tB1 you'll need BIOS 1012 or later to recognize it properly. Although it should boot at 66x10=666mhz with an older BIOS.

Does the chip get hot when you try to power up? Do the fans spin?

- JW

OP
@crilicM@n

@[email protected]

End of the story, sorry I didn´t post the result off all this before, but it was infact DOA... I´ve tested another one 1.2 in a store and it was all Ok...

JCLW

Well I'm glad you got it sorted.

How does the new one do? sSpec? Week?

I see you posted in the VID pin mod thread - that's my next stop ;)

- JW

OP
@crilicM@n

@[email protected]

new one

Well, that one I exchanged for a tv capture card.... I Traded mine in a local strore which readed the codes for me... I was looking for a 1,1 SL5ZE and I got it... I havn´t written down the codes so I can´t say what week is it, but it´s a 1,475v, the first ones... It does fine 11x146 at default voltage (1606) but need´s aditional voltage to do 148 and it´s not totaly stable at 149-150 suffering from cold boot wich will soon be fixed he he... I´m currently without time to dedicate to my oc, but I´lll mess up a bit more, I´m shure the system has a litle bit more juice waiting from the cpu to cooperate... I´ll lap it, aply ASIII after that, and change the heatsink soon, and vid pin it to see what happens... Well, that´s it! ;)

dustybyrd

wow, 1.6 with 1.475 volts....none of my 1.1's could do more than 1.47 or so with default volts...and they topped out at 1.55 with 1.725 volts...

even my 1.0A that tops out at 1.68 needs 1.63v to hit 1.6+

that chip might hit 1700...

OP
@crilicM@n

@[email protected]

A good chip

dustybyrd said:
wow, 1.6 with 1.475 volts....none of my 1.1's could do more than 1.47 or so with default volts...and they topped out at 1.55 with 1.725 volts...

even my 1.0A that tops out at 1.68 needs 1.63v to hit 1.6+

that chip might hit 1700...

Yeah, this is a good chip... But we got to remember that it done that in system prepared to... He received cooling much better than stock since from the 1st boot.... My case raises 2-3 c on the temps when I simply open the case sidepanel, don´t imagine what happens if I turn off all the case fans he he... A solid computer beggins by the case and power suply... Mine are simple, but I tuned it as I could (within my own limitations of course...).

I think it will do 1700+ and if I got done all i´m thinking about, 1800... Just don´t have time time time time aaaargh! I always choose my chips personaly in local stores... If you got impatient and buy anyone from internet, the chances are that you´re going to nothing special... And if you´re an overclocker, you definetly want something special... Maybe you don´t have the cash for the top edge solution, but you shurely don´t want the stock... :cool: