• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me Break 200 on my FSB, from this Pic can you gimme any Advice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kunaak

I am really trying to break 200 on my FSB, but I can get so close then it just stop, I can't get it to post or anything.

this is the closest I have gotten.
remember I am just trying to break 200, not get a big overclock.

http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0802/8x195 Everything.JPG

http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0802/8x195 CPU.JPG

http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0802/8x195 Memory.JPG

so as you can see, I got it at 195x8 with the VCore at 2.2 and the DDR at 3.2 v. I know I can get more voltage, but I am pushing it pretty damn far for being on only air. (aren't I?)

it's just this is abit of a goal to me, at first it was really hard to get past 152, then my next rough spot was getting past 178, now I can't break 195.
I am soooo close to breaking 200 finally and I can't think of anything more I can do.

is there anything more I can do?
any suggestions?:D

so so close, I don't wanna give up on this chip yet.

it's and unlocked XP 1800 "AGKGA"
all multiplers from 5-12.5 are there to use.
Vcore from 1.2 to 2.35.
Vdimm from 2.5 to 3.3.

Abit KD7 Raid, newest Bios "B8".
Corsair 256 XMS 3500...

as you can see, the power looks fine right?
the temps are good at 30c on air?

just racking my Brain, I am sooooo close to 200....:cool:

deeppow

Can't see any of your links.

I can run 200 but my video is on the edge at that point, 201 won't work because video fails. I've dropped back to 199 for the time being. Figure I'm on hold till either the nForce2 with its locked PCI/AGP bus or the KT400a with its 1/6 divider come out. :cool:

Crank your multipler back so that you know your cpu is stable. Then increase Vdimm and fsb till you're as high as your fsb can go. I had to use Vdimm of 2.9V, 2.8V won't work. Your memory should be very capable of 200 (by the way, I'm running 2-2-2-6-1T). Once you push the fsb as high as you can go then you can increase the multiplier and Vcore back up to get your max cpu speed.

Last edited:

qwerty57

BANNED TROLL-Silversinksam
lose the "1t" command my friend. I have pc3200c2 and pc3500c2 and the "1t" will not work above 196mhz fsb even when using 3.05v. my pc3200c2 ram will run 213 with "1t". yes 5ns winbond chips are faster but winbond hates 1t unlike the 6ns sammy CTL chips in the 3200c2 they just love it..I ran into thaT ISSUE with my pc3500 ram and have to live with 2t. oh well. IMO the pc3200c2 is the best memory for AMD systems that have options for 1t command period. try configure by spd in the bios then your pc3500 ram will go to 250mhz.. yes ddr500 Ive seen it..

OP
Kunaak

Kunaak

The Coolest, how did you do that?
I just clicked on the pics and sure enough they didn't work, but they worked on your Post...
very weird.

I will lower my multiplier later and do the speed by 2t commands.

I am just alittle leary of upping the Vcore any higher then 2.2 v on Air cooling.
but I really wanna break 200, it's nothing big, but it's just another goal. for me.

I flashed my Bios last night.
hopefully that helps alittle.
it was my first time flashing a Bios so it was very scary, but it worked. but damn it sure was scary...

The Coolest

well you have space in the names of the files, so you either gotta remove the space or add %20 instead of the space when posting the link. that's what I did.

OP
Kunaak

Kunaak

I DID IT, Broke 200 tonight!
broke 207 to be specific... Check it out, I am so happy.
thats my best so far.

I burned in the chip for the last week.
changed the Northbridge fan on my KD7 from a aluminum stock one, to a copper one.
I put a copper heatsink on the southbridge (I had no where else to put it and figured it couldn't hurt)
I flashed my Bios....

and now my CPU went from 195 as my old best, to 207! :)

I am sooo happy, this was very hard for me to get.

this is on an XP 1800 "AGKGA".
now my Goal?

such a small push, just 3 numbers.
but it's so hard getting there.

oh I am happy tonight.

check it out.

www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/1102/207x8 Everythings.JPG