• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me!! component come off from my 9800 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fujin

Registered
256mb_new.jpg

the half purple and half silver component by the right hand side fan's screw come off form my 9800 pro.what does that purple component do? what happen if i don't solder it back? would i get a decrease in perfomance?

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
fujin said:
the half purple and half silver component by the right hand side fan's screw come off form my 9800 pro.what does that purple component do? what happen if i don't solder it back? would i get a decrease in perfomance?

Please do not double post things throughout the Forums... Multiple identical posts will be deleted.

Mr B
Forums Moderator

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
Yeah, I break caps off my cards all the time. It got to be a near everyday thing with my Geforce4 (something was truly awful about that card's design). Just take a little bit of solder and solder it back on.

But don't even think about the running the card without it.

OP
F

fujin

Registered
i am not use to soldering things .is it easy to kill my card???what thing do i have to take care of while soldering???

The Coolest

If you're not good with soldering, or don't have much expirience, I'd take it to an electronics shop, or ask someone who can solder, to solder it back on. Its much safer that way.

L337 M33P

What The_Coolest said.

If you aren't used to soldering then I don't recommend you attempt a repair yourself. If you still have the capacitor then take it and the card to virtually any electronics shop and ask them to solder it back on.

gbaz

Me thinks they are probably right. I did not know what i was doing and was able to get the thing suadered on, but why take a chance if you can get someone else to do it for a few dollars. Or if you dont mind taking the chance of loosing the card go for it :) I would. Think of it as a learning experance ;)