• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me Decide!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XyKo

Disabled
Arite here the deal, I'm going to waste 50-70 to get some cooling for my rig. I don't know which brand and what is good, but here are the things that i'm going to replace or add on.

replace:
Video card fan
coolermaster fan on cpu

add:
memory cooler
2 case fan, one on back and one on front
hard drive

I'm a little scare of the water cooler thing, so i'm sticking with the old ways. Hope i can get some good recommend fans and brands. please look at my specs and tell me what you think is good and is not.

Lithan

Disabled
Im getting some ram with a thermaltake active cooler on it sometime this week. I'll let you know what I think.

lazerin

You really don't need a video card fan as the ti4600 already has adequete cooling provided there is cool air in the case. I think you should invest in some case fans for a blowhole or seomthing which will improve overall temps in all your components.

For HDD, you cant go wrong with Western Digital. An 80Gb 7200rpm will suite today's lifestyle perfectly. :D

I would do a little more research before buying the coolermaster (I'm assuming its the hc001 with heatpipe?). Although it is a good heatsink, I dont think its worth its price. There are other heatsink which are better value for money.

Last edited:

failsaf3

Registered
An 80Gb 7200rpm will suite today's lifestyle perfectly
:D thats hilarious!

Yea lazerin is right- no need to replace your GPU HSF unless you have the money. Buy some ramsinks since their cheap ($7-8) and some good case fans to blow air over the top of the ramsinks.

Intrepid

I would recomend panaflow L series, silent and move a lt of air. unles you plan to have em on a reo or switch than get better ones so you can turn em down when you dont need em on like at night or during winter.