• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me!!!!!! E2160

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kakaka

I set Bus speed: 267MHz (PCIE clock: 120)=>normal, but when I set Bus speed >267 (PCIE clock: 120)=>"System reset by watchdog. Please enter setup to check overclock setting". So, I change PCIE clock >120, computer not recognize HDD and communicate: "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter"(picture 2). How must I do? Thanks.
Main 945GC-M7B
w21arm6vm82746nk033z.jpg

dfo1dl5rf8kflxy6avwk.jpg

Lock it to 100, somewhere over 333-400fsb you might need to up it to 105ish.
120 is far too high.

oh! Max bus speed=300! I set PCIE clock from 100 to =<120, bus speed from 200 to =<240 =>normal (bus speed>240 =>picture1). I continous to set PCIE=120, bus speed from 240 to 267 =>normal. But when i set bus speed>267 =>picture1, so i increase PCIE>120 => picture2.

:welcome: to OCForums

My eyes hurt from your post.
1) It is important that give us a description of what kind of system you have. CPU type, Memory Type, Mother board, etc.
2) Don't just jump from one setting to a max setting. Go in small Increments.
3) Set PCI to 100 and lock it. This setting will give your computer all kinds of errors. You "shouldn't" need to go higher.

I use Mother board Biostar 945GC-M7B, CPU dual core E2160, Ram kingmax 1GB bus 667. If I set PCIE=100, bus speed >240 =>communicate: "System reset by watchdog. Please enter setup to check overclock setting".

Ok your base FSB should be 200, you have raised it to 240 which has most likely overclocked your DDR2 667 Ram too. But your first problem is fixing the PCIe as it is what is causing your HDD to not be seen.

Next lower your overclock back to Multiplier of 9 and FSB of 200.

If you can, lower your Multi to 6, and then start raising your FSB in increments of 5 until you crash/get a blue screen or can't boot, then back up to the last speed that worked. This will tell you what FSB your Ram can handle. Then Put the Multi back at 9 and lower the FSB to 200 again. Start Raising the FSB by 5 at a time until you crash/bluescreen/can't boot. Next raise the Vtt or Vcore by +1. Try to restart if it won't raise it again +1 until it does boot or until you reach a max voltage of 1.4. You should be monitoring your Temperatures along the way. Try not to exceed 70 degrees celcius for starters.

OCing is about trial and error and small steps, it is a long and tedious process. Read the Sticky note at the top of this forum for assistance.

Ok your base FSB should be 200, you have raised it to 240 which has most likely overclocked your DDR2 667 Ram too. But your first problem is fixing the PCIe as it is what is causing your HDD to not be seen.

Next lower your overclock back to Multiplier of 9 and FSB of 200.

If you can, lower your Multi to 6, and then start raising your FSB in increments of 5 until you crash/get a blue screen or can't boot, then back up to the last speed that worked. This will tell you what FSB your Ram can handle. Then Put the Multi back at 9 and lower the FSB to 200 again. Start Raising the FSB by 5 at a time until you crash/bluescreen/can't boot. Next raise the Vtt or Vcore by +1. Try to restart if it won't raise it again +1 until it does boot or until you reach a max voltage of 1.4. You should be monitoring your Temperatures along the way. Try not to exceed 70 degrees celcius for starters.

OCing is about trial and error and small steps, it is a long and tedious process. Read the Sticky note at the top of this forum for assistance.

I did but still not[/SIZE]

Like OnDborder said, posting in giant fonts isn't going to get you help any faster and it just might turn away some folks that could help you because they see you as being "pushy".

Have you locked your PCI-e bus at 100 yet? Also, set your ram divider to the lowest number you can set it to in bios, to take the ram speed out of the problem you are having. Let us know how it goes after you have tried these steps. Like has already been stated here, overclocking is best done in small steps and not giant leaps, especially after you are at significantly higher speeds than stock.

Also, set your ram divider to the lowest number you can set it to in bios, to take the ram speed out of the problem you are having. Let us know how it goes after you have tried these steps. Like has already been stated here, overclocking is best done in small steps and not giant leaps, especially after you are at significantly higher speeds than stock.

It seems to be his problem. I downloaded the motherboard's manual and it seems that there is no control over the ram divider on that bios. It would be nice to see a printscreen of cpuz memory page while his cpu is overclocked on a 266mhz base freq. He could slacken the ram timings, it might give him a bit more overclocking potential. But, that motherboard only provides very basic overclocking features. His only 2 choices might be to get better ram or do a 266mhz (1066 fsb) bsel mod.

Last edited:
Back