• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me Lower the CPU temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dcfan60

hey guys. I have a Barton 2600M OC to 2.54 Ghz runnig with 1.88 volt, with a 69 CFM 90mm fan and a 947U heatsink using artic alumina. its runnig @ 56C idel this processor actualy will post @ 2.7 Ghz but the temps get in the way of it beeing stable and also 56C idel is freaking hot. what can I do, should I get AS5 and a 110 CMF tornado or what? I want to be able to lower thoes temps by 10C if possible. My case temp NEVER goes any higher than 29C.

Plz help

Can you please provide me with some more info? What motherboard brand and chipset? Are you certain the heatsink is mounted correctly? Try cleaning the die of the CPU with some rubbing alcohol first, then apply a very THIN layer of artic silver with your finger. Put plastic wrap around your finger to prevent body grease and dead skin cells from messing with the contact. Also that seems like an awfully large amount of voltage... Whats the chips default? Sorry .. <=== AMD KID here

I have an ASUS a7n8x Delux motherboard and this temp readings are from the bios, and yes the Fan is blowing on the heatsink and its is mounted correctly because I though the same thing I have remounted it it 4 times trying different amounts of artic alumina on the core and still nothing. I touch the heatsink and its HOT, quite hot, actualy I am stating to think that maybe that Fan that I got from newegg it not a 69 CFM fan like it was adverticed.

its perfectly reasonable for your cpu to run at 57c idle if you are using 1.8 volts or higher. sounds to me like you are an excellent candidate for water cooling. either that or a really mean heatsink, with some AS5. maybe the SP-97 (or the 94, i forgot which is intel and which is amd)? and maybe a blower would do well in an application like yours. sounds like your entire cooling solution is too weak.

I personally do not think 57C idle is reasonable. Something is clearly wrong unless the temp sensor is off? YOu say the heatsink is really hot though? Whats the ambient temp in the room of this PC?

I am pushing 1.81v and my idle temp is 36c, so 56c is NOT reasonable just because he is pushing 1.88v. Have you lapped your HS? If so try the SP-97, I switched from a TT Volcano 11+ and saw a temp drop of 4c idle and 5c load. I kept everything else the same, AS5, the TT 11+ fan.

My room temps are 24C, I though the 947 U was a bad@$$ heatsink. Any ways so you guys say I better fan and a AS5 then?

Back