• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me make a Christmas list!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drunkmonkey

I need to make a list for christmas stuff I might want(hey, my mom asked me 4 one so dont call me greedy:D I'm building puters 4 ppl for christmas).
Can't be too expensive, little do-hickies or upgrades. I just need ideas.
First on list:
Linux RedHat7.3 Bible:D lol, mom was thrilled when i told her I wanted a Bible.

btw, i'm 15 and dont have a car, so no car mod ideas.

lol, im interested in EVERYTHING computers, there's not much i havent gotten into.
I'm gonna buy a ti4200 for my uncles puter im building him and swap it with my Mx460:D The Mx i have is a really nice card though. Full vivo 2xmonitors. I dont wanna part with it!
Like I said, I gotta keep it fairley cheap. at most $100

$100 for watercooling? That's pretty good. When I was doing some watercooling pricing I was a little over that. Around $140, I think. Anyways, I put the watercooling idea on hold because of some reasons. Mainly because I'm going to save this hundred dollars towards the next computer I build (probably at end of next summer), and also I'm really rigging up my air-cooling to the quietest and best performance. I don't really have a temp problem, either.

As for Christmas, I would ask for a CD-RW, but I don't know what you have already. Any drives you want/need? How much memory do you have? Get another 256meg if you need it...

~70 water cooling for me

but water cooling isn't a great gift, it's more of a put together yourself after saving up and going ot the junk yard type of present

If I were you, I'd go for books! everybody loves books, lol

Custom water-jet work by 64Thunderbolt? :)
Cold hard cash?
Cold Cathodes?
A full water cooling setup?
A Heatpipe for your Geforce 4?

<rubs chin and talks ponderously>
If only NewEgg or SVCompucycle had gift certificates...
</rubs chin and talks ponderously>
:D

AS3 stocking stuffers rule!
a dremel is a cool cheap gift for a modder.
CO2 in a can for cleaning. or inhaleing when bored. :p
blank cdrw's
rolls of electrical tape.
wire looms.
computer tool kit.

i think i just reminded myself of a few things i need to buy this weekend.but thats all cheaper most needed items i can think off.

I think I would ask for an unlocking kit (or supplies if no kit) and I would also ask for AS3 because I'm going to have to get the compound off of the CPU and lap the heatsink, I might as well go with a better compound than I currently have (AS2). Hmm...I think I'm going to ask for these... :D

Dvd Drive with hundreds of dvd's

A very comfy computer chair (must have for those all nighters)

get a tv-out vidcard and hook it up to a 70 in HD tv (and put it on your computer desk (to watch those dvd's of course)

Don't got a car eh? WHY WAIT

GET A T1 conection (or whatever is the latest and greatest connection)

1 funky word for ya 80211b set up your house with wireless
(5-mile range is a must):D :D :D

motion sensitive lighting for your room

300 yards of duckt tape (what else could you ever want)

get a heated floor

a light mod for your optical mouse

get a quad processor computer

a comfy chair?
a wrist-rest (the gel one)?
bigger monitor?
bigger HDD?
new gfx card?
some of the new games?
dvds?
dvd writer?

just some suggestions.:)

waht do you need? maybe a new processor? better heatsink/fan a cooler case, a window kit, some purtty lights? new keyboard/mouse? how abot a new computer dexk? soem nice *** 400 buck pro kilpsh speakers are a must! just think what you need to up grade....

How about a 6 in 1 card reader
Lights for your case
New speakers!
USB pen drive
MP3 player. I just got another one, but this time it's a mini cdr player.

These are some of the things I'd want under $100...

- Digital-Doc5
- Volcano 7+
- Mouse and/or keyboard upgrade
- Router/switch
- Another stick of memory
- re-writable CD's

You pretty much have all you need without starting on a new system. Computerwise anyways.

Back