• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP ME. My network doesnt work.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CheekyChava

Ive got a laptop and a desktop both on XP and ive used a crossover lan cable. i recieve "packets" on both computers, and each computer has recognised the other one in My Network Places but when i click on it a message comes up sayin:

\\{the ip address}\shareddocs is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The network path was not found.

HELP HELP HELP. PLEASE HELP. I just wanna play games...

You'll be able to play games the way it is now.

1st Run the network wizard on both machines. This will ensure that you are up and ready to go.

2nd Share a folder(s) and/or drive(s). If you don't, you will get the error that you described.

Do you have a firewall installed on either machine? If so, you'll need to configure the firewall to allow for the game.

Command and conquer doesn't use TCP/IP it uses IPX/SPX to transport game details. Go to your Network connections, right click and select properties. Select install, protocol , IPX/SPX. You should now be able to play network C&C :)

Back