• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me out guys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kango

FIC AZ11E
AMD Athlon 1.100
Hercules 3D 4000XT
40 GBs Seagate
Memory Module 1: 512 MB SDRAM PC-133
Memory Module 1: 64 MB SDRAM PC-133
In bios I set CL3-133 for the momory.

I o/c my AMD Athlon 1.100 to 1.24 by unlock and raise the cpu multiplier to 12 instead of 11 and also I increase the FSB from 100 to 103. With this speed i would like to increase more so I increase the FSB to 105, but when I went into Sisoft Sandra 2002Pro it said something like this:

1) Memory bus speed exceeds memory rated speed. Reduce memory bus speed
2) Memory bus speed exceeds Chipset rated speed. Reduce FSB/memory multiplier.

And when I did the PCMark2002 it kick me back to the desktop and the burn in of Sandra kind of froze but it still finish it burn in. So should I modify my L2 or are there any possible ways to increase the clock speed? Thanks

Welcome to the forums!

You might want to get some temperatures on your motherboard. They may be your problem.

Here's a little step by step for ya:

Put the processor back to default (11x100), and find your temperatures. You can use Motherboard Monitor 5 to find the temperature.

Once you know what your temperature is, you can go from there. Usually, if your above 50*C then you need some better cooling. If your between 40-50 then your temps aren't bad, but you won't get a whole lot of overclocking out of it. If it's under 40 then you've got some room to play with. Just remember, the lower the temps, the more room you've got to overclock.

As for the L2 bridges, i've never seen any mods with any of them. Maybe the L7 for voltage.

Get back to me on the temps your getting, then i, or someone else can give you some better info on what to do next.

Since you have unlocked that chip why not try 8.5 X 133? It's close enough to default speeds so no need to up the voltage so probably no heat increase. Does your MoBo support 133MHz/266FSB?

The sadly is my mobo doesn't support 133MHz/266FSB. So reaching 105 give me an automatic reboot while I playing game. I don't know why, my temp is below 40*C so heat should not be a problem. If there any other ways around show me guys. Thanks

Kango said:
The sadly is my mobo doesn't support 133MHz/266FSB.
Have you tried just upping the multi by a step, keeping a 100MHz/200FSB, just to see if it's your memory? How about your memory timings, how aggressive are the settings? What voltages do you have on your system? Do you really feel that the thermistor is giving you reliable readings?

Look on the surface of the CPU for a four or five letter code bginning with A. This will be on the die in the centre.
For example, if it is AXIA or AYHJA then it will overclock well. However if it is ASHHA then it will not overclock well at all (I have a 1.1GHz ASHHA)

I had an Axha the best I could get was 1416 but that was with the Pep 66 but that is a keychain now and my 1.2 is at 1332 9x148 ,right now my scsi card is giving me trouble but I have had it to 156 pretty darn stable ,I would have to reboot about every 2 days or so

Back