• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me overclock this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nealer

Registered
I have a 1ghz Tbird, and an A7V mobo. I decided to go pencil in My L1 bridges today, since i had been running at 1050mhz via 105mhz fsb. So I penciled it in, put the multiplier to 10.5, and booted up at 1102mhz. Windows booted fine, so i decided to try running 3d mark. Well i got past the first car demo, then halfway through the second one my comp froze. So i restarted and cahnged my vcore from 1.75 to 1.80. THen i ran the demo again and it froze about 5 seconds into the first car demo. Now i have taken off the fsb overclock and am running at 1061mhz. I am going to try it 3dmark again.

BTW, my current case temp is 31C and my CPU temp is 44C. My computer ussually stays in the mid 40's when i play games and stuff.

It is an Antec 300w PS.

And my computer worked when i had the multiplier at 10.5 and fsb at 100. So it seems that I cant go over 1050 stable. Im at 1111mhz right now (11x100) and i will run 3dmark and see if it will pass.

Well so far 1111mhz has been stable. I switched over to the 12.00 drivers, my video card seems to like them the best :). I lowered the voltage to 1.75 again, and it still works fine. I still cant figure out why the fsb wont overclock anymore.

Back